Slightly Chuffed .. car related

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Evening all,

As i have been working a lot recently (21 out of 26 days), no bike stuff has got done.

Mr History - thanks for top tips on work related topic - i hope to be finished on Monday.

Anyways, i was under pressure to change my car - it was getting old and wee faults were appearing so i bit the bullet and sold this -

for £450 to my mechanic. I better add that the pic was after HE had it polished but it was ok beforehand.
The interior was good too -

That is a Audi 1999 A6 - i still love it!

I moved up a few years to a 2007 A6 which i am reasonably happy with although it has some niggley things but i am normally annoyed by niggles. Anyway, as the car is not new it has a few marks etc some on the interior. There are numerous scores on a trim panel on the drivers door. I always thought these were caused by rings etc but i found out it is the seat belt that causes them. Here is the car and the scores.

And it is worse than the pics show.

So, being enterprising and not rich, i thought about using some sticker type stuff and see it i could tidy it up. The result -

to this -

I was rather pleased so i did all four doors and the dashboard trim panel too.

So i am now patting myself on the back!!

Have a great weekend all,

Richard

Ian,

It tucks behind the trim so it should be fine. If not, 20 mins to do one will not kill me. And i did realise that i should have once i had finished!!! Typical - bull in china shop etc etc

Richard

My Son bought a shit load of carbon effect vinyl and ripped his car apart
and started to stick it on vents/door rests! I told him the parts need washing
in really hot very soapy water to get rid of the silicones built up by people spraying
the stuff, then rub down with thinners, keeping hands grease free when applying the
vinyl, he said stuff that, it'll be all right! I did look nice but a month later it was lifting
up by the suns heat and started to look a mess, so he ripped the lot off and did as I said.

Yours looks nice though Richard. More pics please.

lol - you are the bearer of great tidings. I have some tape left over, so if that happens, an hour will sort all them out. I think i may be ok, we don't get sun often!

Richard

Well, If sunshine causes problems i will be happy enough as it will be 'sunshine'. I remember what that was like.

The slightly annoying thing is i did think about it AFTER I had done it and, as you know, i like to plan!!! LOL

But, being short of time and patience at the moment, i thought i could sort it quickly!

Richard

Pimp my ride!

Autoglym tar remover. Had to use it on trim to remove polish before fitting a boot liner

Thanks Jason,

I will remember that if it lifts. I am hopeful that it will not lift though. Black windows like the older car is the next step and maybe i will be happier.

Richard

Re:

Very nice job, tasteful without over doing it. I saw a fairly new Toyota sedan while shopping recently that was completely covered in the stuff, so it kinda/sorta looked like a Carbon Fiber car-it was ghastly and utterly tasteless looking...

Back