iPad 1st gen

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
thinking of getting an iPad - not wanting to settle for anything else really as its for the mrs.
was looking at iPad mini, but, cant really afford it.
is the 1st gen worth getting? coming in at affordable price for my budget, but in terms of performance and support, im not so sure having not used a tablet before.
itll be for internet browsing and entertaining the little'un.....

Ive just sold my ipad mini (1st gen with 16gb and cellular) £200 on ebay with a couple of apple cases and leads and box..

I had used it quite a lot and since i upgraded it to ios 7.0 it was getting a bit slow. Hence the upgrade.

The new one is much better..

But if you find a not too used one with the original os you should be ok..

Re:

The one im looking at currently is running ios5, as this is the latest one they support apparently (according to the seller).

My other half is thinking about 'settling' for an Xperia tablet to replace her old iPad. Is your wife a Mac fan? Approximate maximum budget?

Re:

I really don't understand buying these old tech iPads when a new affordable and superior android could be bought.
But if you must buy into apple even the 3rd gen is dated.

It's not like computers where they still have enough power, newer tablets are rapidly improving and games and website and apps are leaving the older tech behind.

I have an ipad 2 with the latest OS, several years old but Apple still currently sell it.
It's quite slow when working with A4 files in Photoshop for example, but otherwise it's ok.

Re:

I can only find refurbished models for sale on their store. Well last time I was looking for someone. I know they where stopping it as the mini has taken the sales away.

The one best thing about them is a nice screen dimension and not the awkward windscreen most tend to come with.

Second best thing is they keep them update for a length of time which doesn't happen with all but nexus and a few others.

Shame windows isn't as widespread yet as it's quite nice.

Hi, I can wholeheartedly recommend a Google Nexus 7 for anyone on a budget,I recently purchased this one,a 2012 but running the latest Android OS,from Scan computers,12 month warranty and a proper case.They are " open box" returns but in effect unused,80 quid! Don't let the fact that is not an apple or a 2012 model put you off,I regularly use an Apple Air,latest model,and find performance to be very similar, just a small matter of several hundred pounds difference in price,,,You can even send it back if not happy.what's not to like?...It really doesn't need to be an apple to be any good,,,,
Mark.

Re:

Nexus are astonishing. Also there are those Nooks currently down to silly money that just lack cams but otherwise are high res and solid enough performance wise.

Back