Garmin Edge 705 and Gatwick airport

scottmac

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When travelling on the Sustrans moon surface by Gatwick airport my Garmin closes down.

Like, Kaput! Dead/zilch/nowt on screen total shut down failure. :?:

I have to reboot it about ½ a mile down the road.

Has anyone else experienced this?

One should also ask any airlines if any of there aircraft experience issues when cyclists are nearby on the ground ???

scottmac":2e3sa1ve said:
When travelling on the Sustrans moon surface by Gatwick airport my Garmin closes down.

Like, Kaput! Dead/zilch/nowt on screen total shut down failure. :?:

I have to reboot it about ½ a mile down the road.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The last car Garmin I had, used to do something similar at a specific location I occasionally drove through. Yet oddly, quite unaffected by an airport.

Probably some sort of signal being broadcast - maybe more to do with comms / mobile phone / tetra masts than RADAR?

Unless there's some low flying black helicopters zooming in on you when you get too close to a certain location, and they're deploying ECMs...

Every now and again, you snag a conspiracy theorist. It's not big, it's not clever, but it is mildly amusing.

Re:

I have been past the airport on my way to Hustpierpoint and back past the airport on my way home. No problems with a Garmin 205.

ECM = electronic counter measures

They are electronic waves used to disrupt explosive devices but they affect almost all radio communications and mobile phone signals and other bits and bobs.

Richard

p.s. What is FGS?

TGR":2i1b3vs7 said:
ECM = electronic counter measures

They are electronic waves used to disrupt explosive devices but they affect almost all radio communications and mobile phone signals and other bits and bobs.

Richard

p.s. What is FGS?

And WTF is WTF.

Oh.

As you were.

There just had to be some mischief to the wording scottmac's post I can't look at that and think he wasn't 'aving a larf.

As is was the rough surface, I suspect that the battery contacts bounced and it lost power. Garmins were notorious for poor battery spring design in the past leading to glitching.

Two lots of power lines near me always cause my Cateye wireless computer to read low briefly.

Back