Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
Wasn't sure if this should go in the post '98 section or off topic! :LOL:

Anyway, I have discovered the Alleweder. :shock:

100_2290a4gr.JPG

outside-shop-1.jpg

And I really want one. :facepalm:

Midlife crisis or just really turned into a beardy weirdy?

Anyone ever ridden (driven) one? Any experience, tips etc before I sell my motorbikes and build one of these bad boys? :LOL:

Re:

Sorry..never tried one but I do also fancy the self-build thing about these tadpoles...I feel it shuld be Racing green with a leather strap acroww the bonnet, Bentley style.

Seriously, though, there's some serious machining in the sub-frames inside and the swingarm....but on the downside, hundreds of pop rivets and some panel beating inovolved.
Certainly a great shed project, if a little off the pace in terms of weight and technology.

All the best

Re: Alleweder

Something about that appeals.

Not sure about the red stars, though, it's making me think of the MIGs in Top Gun, and not in a good way. Plus, in the current political climate I'd expect to find myself radar locked and seen as potential enemy contact from any passing fighter jets. 'cos that just happens all the time.

I'm eagerly awaiting a full road test from the JC and the help on Top Gear, though, and would be most interested in what sort of lap time Stiggy-san could manage.

And on that bombshell...

Re: Re:

danson67":3b5f9uxg said:
Seriously, though, there's some serious machining in the sub-frames inside and the swingarm....but on the downside, hundreds of pop rivets and some panel beating inovolved.
Certainly a great shed project, if a little off the pace in terms of weight and technology.

All the best

The shed time is part of the appeal. :D

I have practically no knowledge of this area. Do you have any suggestions of what is on the pace in terms of weight and technology Dan?

I encounter them quite often in traffic. As commuter.

Elev12k":3h14m6ti said:
I encounter them quite often in traffic. As commuter.

Ah yes. Popular in your part of Europe I believe. Any further thoughts?

Nob":3h14m6ti said:
You can always talk to these guys for a custom job
http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/

Their price list makes fatbike stuff seem cheap! One of the benefits of the Alleweder is its (relative) cheapness.

Re: Alleweder-Velomibile

Might be best to go for electric assist with one of those. They tend to be most popular in Northern Germany, Denmark, Holland where the terrain is mainly flat. Hilly Scotland would require low gearing and power assist thus only advantages streamlining going down hill. A recumbent with a streamlined windshield might be better. Kinetics in Glasgow is a good shop for this kind of thing. http://www.kinetics.org.uk/
http://www.velomobiles.co.uk/category/velomobiles/

Re: Alleweder-Velomibile

want one!

I do know of a carbon fibre guy local to me - hmmm. He's too grumpy though and only listens to Eric Clapton...

Latest posts

Back