Ebay rant!

H

Retro Guru
Hi guys, I've just received some wheels from eBay and for from being Hope Pro 2, they were no name unbranded shite. They are a completely different hub profile and have no manufacturers markings. I've opened a query in Ebay's resolution centre and hope to receive an answer from the seller soon. What do people think? Will I get my money back? Am I stuck with them and out of pocket?

Re:

The listing clearly stated them to be Hope Pro 2 hubs. Sadly, I now know why none of the pictures showed the hub centre.

post a link to the original ebay listing and ill have a look had issues recently with a wheel via ebay on a buy it now which ok was cheap but xm321 on deore disc hub listed as used but when it turned up wouldnt spin as bearings were shot got full refund but only after ebay had given the seller a chance to reply which he didnt

You should be fine. Ebay has a clear policy that a buyer is entitled to a refund if the product is not as described. It may take awhile but even if the seller refuses to voluntarily make the refund Ebay will do a charge back on his account. In the meantime document everything, print out a copy of the original listing and take photos of the hubs in question.

Steven

Well if they aren't and you can prove it, and he said they are(twice by the look of it) you should be OK

pulled from his listing

MTB WHEELS
Hope Pro 2 hubs Mavic 317 Rims. Continental tyres

Black hope pro 2 hubs
Stainless steel spokes
28 hole mavic 317 disc rims
Shimano 9 speed fitting
160 mm rear rotor
185 mm front rotor

so i would of expected

2x hope pro 2 hubs with 28 holes for the stainless steel spokes which are laced to the 317 rims

the hope hubs also should of had the 9 speed cassette fitted on side an the 160mm disc on the other

go throught ebay and CLEARLY list what is wrong in bullet points sayin u have pics of what he has sent go into great detail if the hubs he has send has more than 28 holes etc

Re:

I wouldn't worry about it, if you've opened a Significantly Not As Described case on eBay, you will get a refund regardless of whether it's a Private Seller and if they were listed as used. eBay will always decide in the Buyers favour in situations like this. You may have to return them using a tracked service and once eBay receive confirmation the wheels have been successfully returned they will refund your original payment including P&P. You may even receive a refund for your return carriage costs. Your payment will be put on hold and will not be released or refunded until the dispute has been resolved. Once the dispute has been resolved make sure you leave a Negative Comment and leave 1 star ratings for Dispatch. Item As Described, Communication and P&P Charges.

Kind Regards

Liam

Re: Re:

Liam1611":2cfd2uzc said:
I wouldn't worry about it, if you've opened a Significantly Not As Described case on eBay, you will get a refund regardless of whether it's a Private Seller and if they were listed as used. eBay will always decide in the Buyers favour in situations like this. You may have to return them using a tracked service and once eBay receive confirmation the wheels have been successfully returned they will refund your original payment including P&P. You may even receive a refund for your return carriage costs. Your payment will be put on hold and will not be released or refunded until the dispute has been resolved. Once the dispute has been resolved make sure you leave a Negative Comment and leave 1 star ratings for Dispatch. Item As Described, Communication and P&P Charges.

Kind Regards

Liam

Agree with this also name & shame as he was trying to pull a fast one.

Back