Bike but what?

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
Right, I'm finally in the position to get my self a decent treder. After moves dramas and drunken escapades I'm doin ok.

So what do I get? Got £1500 ( getting less by the day :D ) I like cannondales? Ie scalpel, or f29 but my roots lie retro, ( never owned a disk braked bike, bar mot x) if that dean in the for sale section would of fitted, job done.

I need a do it all bike, spanish dirt tracks with sharp rocks but I also do 10-20 km road rides with shopping bags on the bars.

At the mo I'm riding this ( pics to follow it came with the villa)
It's a beast ha but it does it's job and gets me up the climbs without much drama bar stopping.

Any thoughts? Plus every day this thread runs will take £100 out of the budget?!?! Got £1500 today but tomorrow's a different day........

clockworkgazz":27coak73 said:
not here yet but nothing stopping you doing it yourself- I love my KM and it really is a do it all type of bike.

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/karate_monkey_ops

I love my Monkey too Gaz, but most Surlys are well over priced if you pay full retail IMHO. Don't know what the RRP is on that ops though, but it's unlikely to be discounted for quite a while. But the paint is well smart!

Worth having a look at Genesis to see if they have anything that fits the bill. Nice bikes, and I've never heard anyone who has one not like it!

There is a nice bontrager lite in the sale section... Price would warrant discussion or the full suss Marin frs in the eBay section... Ask about cracks both should come on less than a third of your budget

Most old leftys come in around £600 but if you had £1,500 still ... Sacrilege I know... I'd go with a canyon nerve al 7.9 29er

Back