Which picture upload site do you use and why?

juice

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've used imageshack for all pics i've uploaded to this forum.
Being absent for a while now i discovered the new look of imageshack which is pretty useless in my setting.
I'm on an IPad and i use Puffin Browser. And if i understand correctly what they are saying it is no longer for free.

Now i switched to postimage.org which pretty much looks like the old version of imageshack. Easy to use and for free. For now i'm happy with this, apart from the fact that i have to relink the better part of 200 pics. :)

Since everybody here shares some pictures in this forum i think it would be interesting to know how you do it and why you use one specific picture upload site.

So let us all know.. :idea:

I use and have for a long time now, used Google+ Pictures (previously called picasaweb)

why
it was and still is pretty easy.
I used google program at the time on my PC called picasa, I could click on alter pictures, import them from devices and have them upload or sync to the web.

move forward a bit and that same thing works on the PC, they have just released an auto syncing program for windows, seems quite basic though.
Now my tablets and phone use Android and hence have plenty off google software on it, pictures are auto uploaded to the web over wi-fi and I can access any of the pictures on all the devices easily.
In fact my Canon printer can and so can some of the TV's

You can edit online etc and I'm sure other programs now link with them as 'apps' etc come out but I've not needed to look. It also does some cool auto-awesome, picture summaries/montages, auto-gifs etc which are good to post.
However to post the pictures on here you need to right click and grab the image link, there is no cut and paste that I've found. But I'm so use to it I only just remembered.

I used to use imageshack an your right its no longer free

I ve started using my old photobucket album

I tried Imageshack , but some of the stuff in their Terms and Conditions is just appalling. Same with the others really.
BITD you gave up all your rights for free, now some of them even make you pay for it. And people keep clicking "I agree" and uploading their most personal pics :facepalm:

I pay 1.25 EUR/month ($1.72) for a 5GB domain, which is cheaper than I'd do for a basic Imageshack account. Sure, I have to upload my pics via FTP rather than some slick UI and I have only 5GB of space, but it's highly unlikely that I'll ever use all that space.

flickr just for pics of bikes and cars for fora, its free and accessed via gmail account (or can use facebook I believe as well as direct login in) it was part of / associated with yahoo which the Mrs used and was easiest when I asked how to load photos.

Imgur, because it's easy and uncluttered, plus you don't need to log-in (or even have an account) to host odd pictures.

Back