rescue a bike from these people

Leave off you bike snob, its an inanimate object not a living breathing critter. They can do what they like to their property :roll:

Hmm mildly snobbish but only due to the fact I've seen what these guys have done to quality bikes, and a few people have pointed out that they are liable to get sued by someone in regards to their habit of selling brakeless fixies disregarding the regs. on commercial sales.
Also their styling of bikes is pretty bad and this is an opinion that I share with a few others.

It is a business though, a quality bike to one person is a cool hipster sled based on a quality bike to another person. If I was running a business I'd do whatever sells, the bikes I'd ride myself would be to my tastes, anything else is fair game, whatever the customer wants.

yeah, make what sells but with an eye on the legal aspects, one mistake and you may not have a business. Selling fixed wheel bikes with no brakes or foot retention is lining the gunsights up, I have also had to repair bikes built up by them and was unimpressed, a cracked headset sticks in my mind due to the fact I could see the screwdriver marks.

stewlewis":2fe8dcq0 said:
If I was running a business I'd do whatever sells, .
firearms to children? ok, i'm being silly with that one, but deathtrap cars?

there has to be limits

If they sell a fixie without a brake system then fair enough its ilegal but original post seem to object to look which is all aesthetic. Anyhoo the fixie nuts would just take the brakes off after you sold them a safe bike anyway as for them its form over safe function .

I was commenting on the aesthetics and 'sacrilege' of 'tricking up' some nice spec retro bikes.

People can worry too much about being sued, no-one is going to sue a smalltime backyard business over a cheap bike. Their business probably stemmed from 'a mate who can sort out ya bike' and grew from their, what it gets to the point of buying in parts and branding their own bike then sure they will need better quality control or they won't last long.

I've had more trouble with kids on brakeless BMXs then fixie hipsters. Kids rolling into the road trying to stop with a panic wobble trying to stop dragging their shoes.

Back