The poxy weather...

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
Someone had to say it!

I'm by no means the worst off in the country but as a landscaper/gardener this weather is doing my nut. Can't start or finish projects, no enquiries, no one even thinking about their garden when normally things would be picking up. I even tried to start a small fencing job last week but found the water table about a foot below the surface, and that was just before another monsoon hit.

And there's more to come.

Even Wales is noticeably wetter than usual :?
All attempts to go for a ride are met by a wall of water, this has resulted in unusually high tea and cake intake :D

rosstheboss":26f3v2ea said:
Someone had to say it!

I'm by no means the worst off in the country but as a landscaper/gardener this weather is doing my nut. Can't start or finish projects, no enquiries, no one even thinking about their garden when normally things would be picking up. I even tried to start a small fencing job last week but found the water table about a foot below the surface, and that was just before another monsoon hit.

And there's more to come.

I too am totally sick of all the rain and wind :evil:

I can't wait or the first warm sunny days of spring be here and the trails to get lovely and dusty instead of muddy!! :D

At least with the weather being so bad it forces you to do some much needed maintenance inside in the warm.

legrandefromage":bqkbkrc1 said:
lovely day today

Beautifully sunny here too today, sunshine has been warm all day, been intching to get out on the trails but came home to an annoying letter from my insurance company so been stressing over that, now im done and just fancy a beer and going to sit upstairs and look at my bikes lol

Anyone reckon that bike capes with make a dramatic comeback :?

Attachments

• gandarmes.jpg
    gandarmes.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 583
It is a shame they don't play beach volleyball in the rain, those capes would come in mighty handy! Ironically a couple of my mates in landscaping are very busy right now thanks to the milder weather!

Batten down the hatches!!!! Gusting 70mph plus here already with worse to come :shock:
I'm feeling the benefit of being a bungalow between 2 2 storey properties but when i'm upstairs in the loft conversion its a bit eery hearing all the slates flapping about :?

I was trying to get to the house with the white gable end on the left. I used to live there and still do some work for my old landlord who's away all week. No work today though, frighteningly strong current from a little brook that normally runs UNDER the road...

This was the result of just one morning's rain (it wasn't up like this before today) and the fact that it is now backing up from Muchelney on the Somerset levels, there is just nowhere else for the water to go.

Attachments

• Drayton flood water 001.JPG
    Drayton flood water 001.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 521
Back