The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering how to print a pm message string as I want a record of something inc details given as part of a deal on here.

thanks THM

All I can think of doing is either cutting and pasting the text into one document and then pasting the whole thing on here.........or by using print screen and cutting into paint or similar and then posting as a picture.....

Are PM's meant to be private ?,I'd be a bit miffed if someone posted my PM's on a thread.

Have you had a problem?

Shaun

No, it's in anticipation of making a possible purchase that has involved confirmation of sizes etc. I don't expect a problem. Just wanting a record. Will probably just confirm it all on the message section of the PayPal payment and print the email.

If the deal comes off! ;)

I use DoPDF 7 as my PDF printing software. I just did a ctrl-P of this thread and uploaded it.
As you can see -> here <-, it adjusts the screen to the size of the page.

However the message string is a bit more difficult because past messages are displayed in a small scrolling window.
I'd suggest printing the entire conversation one PM at a time. The small window can then show that the PMs are indeed in order and that you didn't skip anything.

Thanks. Thinking salient points in payment message will do it with reference to PMs

Iirc the history is shown in normal view, not mobile.
Then if you use Chrome you can print the page, print to Google Drive, PDF etc.

I print to Google Drive a lot to save things.

Seems you cannot do all at once. But use Print View in the little box at the bottom of the post to get a cleaner email style look and save them individually.

Back