CITROEN Xsara Picasso 1.6i SX Any thoughts/experiences?

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Right then, looks like this could be the car.. It's a 2002 51 Reg CITROEN Xsara Picasso 1.6i SX and again is a really clean example.
The wife really likes this 1 [ i think it looks like it could be driven backwards] so it's never going to be driven by me :roll:
However it is a very practical vehicle, and thats what she needs.
What do you lot think :?:
Russ, if you see this whats yours been like :?:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

We looked at these a few years ago and you could not argue with the value. Only reason we did not get one was they were not big enough for twins plus spaniel plus double mountain buggy. Seem to be enough of them around.

Much better size! I sat in one once and didn't like the fact I couldn't see the bonnet. Just a personal thing though.

the xsara is spacious and a fairly decent citroen, things to look for are electrical problems, if it has any don't go for it as citroen electrics are expensive to deal with - especially the electronic dashboards.

Heathy, we got an 02 Picasso, its the 2.0HDi.

Good points
- Lots of room, very spacious, can fit three bikes and riders in the car no problem, sorry, I mean baby, wife and all baby gear!
- Good fuel economy, but its the diesel.
- driver sits high in the car, good driving position, can see over stuff.
- Great value for the money, they're not that expensive new and they depreciate quickly so 2nd hand they're a bargain.
- Versatile seating, all back seats come out, turning it into a truck.
- Cheap to insure

Bad points
- Turning circle is very large.
- A-pillars restrict visibility when cornering
- They depreciate quickly.
- Dull, daddy car.

Can't comment on servicing charges yet as nothing has gone wrong apart from replacing the indicator stalk which cost me £80 all in. I went for the diesel because its the quieter engine at higher speeds and when I bought mine diesel was cheaper than petrol... d'oh.

Its not exciting, but I really apprecitate the higher driving position and fact that it holds so much gear so easily. Should probably add that we've had ours for a year now and its done 80,000 miles since new.

Cheers Russ, not to bothered about getting bikes in as it's only for wife/baby dutys. The one we looked at had all the bits, Ac, cd muti function steering wheel etc. The pattern on the seats was a bit interesting tho :shock:
The turning circle might be a issue with my wife too, she's been driving a
3 door yaris for 6 years now, so a bit different.

Russell":38okxrbe said:
Good points
- Lots of room, very spacious,- Good fuel economy, but its the diesel.
- driver sits high in the car, good driving position, can see over stuff.
- Great value for the money, they're not that expensive new and they depreciate quickly so 2nd hand they're a bargain.
- Versatile seating, all back seats come out, turning it into a truck.
- Cheap to insure

Bad points
- Turning circle is very large.
- A-pillars restrict visibility when cornering
- They depreciate quickly.
- Dull, daddy car.

I've the 2.0 HDi also on a 53.
The only problem I've found and a few people which I've spoken to, is that you can't see the front or back ends when parking. If you can, get parking sensors or become at one with the force.

Had it for a year now, good car, no problems. Had it serviced and the price was ok.

Back