Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:42 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 2437
Location: Kent UK
kaiser wrote:
A jaguar. Was never sure if they ever released that. How many games were available ? It is the console that looked like a toilet seat isn't it?


You're thinking about the CD add-on for it. That looked like the toilet seat. You're right in saying that only a few games were released for it. I don't know how many exactly though. There are still games being released for it by the many fans of the system.

The console is worth getting just to play Tempest 2000 though. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:51 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:21 pm
Posts: 2159
Location: Cornwall
Xesh wrote:
kaiser wrote:
A jaguar. Was never sure if they ever released that. How many games were available ? It is the console that looked like a toilet seat isn't it?


You're thinking about the CD add-on for it. That looked like the toilet seat. You're right in saying that only a few games were released for it. I don't know how many exactly though. There are still games being released for it by the many fans of the system.

The console is worth getting just to play Tempest 2000 though. :D


i never played the jaguar, but wasnt it actually really good, just shit marketing making it flop ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:32 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:50 pm
Posts: 921
Location: Yorkshirecestershshire
Don't get me started - Before working in a Bikeshop for the past 15 years, I worked in a computer shop for 10 years! C64, Spectrum, Amiga, ST, Atari 8 Bits, TI-99-4a (Blast from the past!), Oric Atmos!, BBC's Electrons, QL............ Early days for PC's!

Console wise we sold, Master system, Mega drive, Game Gear, PC Engine, NEO-GEO, Coleco-Vision (remember them?), VCS, Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64 - still very good today!

One of my best mates was a Developer for the ATARI JAGUAR, and went on to be Technical Director for EA in the UK and wrote ROLL-CAGE, and LEGO RACERS to name but a few.

I had one of the Very, Very first Gameboys in the UK, Bought it at the Las Vegas CES the year they came out! Kids on the bus used to have their eyes out on stalks while I played Mario Brothers on my way to work (I paid the Equivalent of £149 for the Gameboy and £35 for each game!) - (how cool & the gang was I ???)

I Have in my possesion, that i'm trying to Sell a Tin Boxed set of SEGA Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Enamel Pin badges (£30 POSTED!!!!) if anyone is interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:16 pm
Posts: 1202
Location: U.K
i have a thing for dreamcast got 4 at the momment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:01 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 2437
Location: Kent UK
magicmistertea wrote:
i never played the jaguar, but wasnt it actually really good, just shit marketing making it flop ?


Essentially, yes. Although there are quite a few really dire games on it. There's probably about 10-15 games that are really good on it. I don't know about any of the homebrew titles though. One thing a lot of people complained about was the size of the controller which has 15 buttons on it. I, personally, find it very comfortable to hold.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:27 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:39 am
Posts: 2193
Location: bedford
Quote:
by the way anyone played the new mario cart ?


brilliant game totally hooked!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:14 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:16 pm
Posts: 1202
Location: U.K
used to love my jaguar
cannon fodder
rayman
blue lightering CD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:25 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 49
master system
megadrive
nes
snes
atari lynx
spectrum 48k
spectrum 128k
grandstand
collecovision cbs
vectrex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:53 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 3914
Location: The Shire
Xesh wrote:
magicmistertea wrote:
i never played the jaguar, but wasnt it actually really good, just shit marketing making it flop ?


Essentially, yes. Although there are quite a few really dire games on it. There's probably about 10-15 games that are really good on it. I don't know about any of the homebrew titles though. One thing a lot of people complained about was the size of the controller which has 15 buttons on it. I, personally, find it very comfortable to hold.


Slightly off topic, but is your Avatar the ship from Elite? My mate had a BBC Micro (Flash Git) in about 1984 and I remember playing Elite. I just remember the whole concept of a game where you could travel to hundreds of different places, all in 3D! completely mind blowing.

Mind you, mobile phones freak me out!......How do they do that without a very long cable?? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:18 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 2437
Location: Kent UK
cherrybomb wrote:
Slightly off topic, but is your Avatar the ship from Elite?


That's the one! Cobra MkIII.

Have a look at this! <- linky type thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uktyler and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group