Posting pics using Flickr?

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry, dinosaur question:

Is it possible to link to pics hosted on Flickr? I am trying to use the "Img" button in the full editor, but it just returns what i think is a broken image icon. Like so:

photostream

I've taken the link direct from Flickr while viewing the image on my browser, but no joy. Any ideas, or am I forever destined to use the attachments thing (100KB limit or whatever it is does my nut in).

fjpshaw":21xqb6p5 said:
Sorry, dinosaur question:

Is it possible to link to pics hosted on Flickr? I am trying to use the "Img" button in the full editor, but it just returns what i think is a broken image icon. Like so:

photostream

I've taken the link direct from Flickr while viewing the image on my browser, but no joy. Any ideas, or am I forever destined to use the attachments thing (100KB limit or whatever it is does my nut in).

On the photo page click the three dots then Show all sizes. Click the size you want (or stick with the size that comes up) then right-click on the picture and "view image". That gives you a direct link to the photo http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3736/1162 ... 3be6_b.jpg which you can then copy and put img tags around

11627041435_513f033be6_b.jpg

personally i write any text i want in the post reply box, then have flikr open in another tab, click on the picture i want, then click on the little icon that looks like a small rectangle with an arrow coming out of it, that then shows a little box with the html/bbc code in it, i copy that (right click) then paste it underneath the text i have written,.

i find this easiest, when posting the message shows the text then the pic where as when still typing all you see is text.

jonnyboy666":hsepp53b said:
personally i write any text i want in the post reply box, then have flikr open in another tab, click on the picture i want, then click on the little icon that looks like a small rectangle with an arrow coming out of it, that then shows a little box with the html/bbc code in it, i copy that (right click) then paste it underneath the text i have written,.

i find this easiest, when posting the message shows the text then the pic where as when still typing all you see is text.

That would be easier :D I stopped using Flickr when they "improved" it last year so I'm not up to date with how it works.

Untitled by fjpshaw, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back