Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:33 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:18 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

JeRkY wrote:
Ignorance on both sides of the argument I would like to add!

It amuses me that people seem so keen to defend either side that they basically just make sweeping generalisations in either's defence :lol:

Although i will say that whatever the Mac's were at my college circa 1995, were utter garbage. Complete tripe nonsense machines, whoever thought that kids coming from schools full of RM PC's would appreciate them was a twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:45 pm 
Retrobike's #1 Comedy Genius
Retrobike's #1 Comedy Genius

Heh.........mac's will be vulnerable to virii in direct proportion to the number of people using them..............I think a lot of folk don't quite grasp that viruses aren't the same as programme glitches or bugs.........they're planned and built deliberately.

Best machine to use for virus free computing is anything running win 3.1........I don't think the plonkers ever bothered writin' any!!

Or for that that matter, sinclair zx81............... :P

I also love the 'which is better' debate..........I always tell folks its like Acrylics or Oils.......if yer a rubbish painter, it really won't matter............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:14 pm 

I use all three on a daily basis... My main office machine is Vista, my product and laptop are Linux and my home machine is an iMac, so I'm pretty well versed in all three.

I'll say this, the Vista machine is not as bad as I thought it would be.. the Mac hardware and operating system is a fantastic combination of engineering and HMI design, Linux is an incredible operating system for free, give it 3/4 years more development with continued support from the likes of Dell and I think it'll surpass both Vista and OSX on all levels.

In terms of cost.. the iMac is the only one I've paid for with my own cash, it's the best way for me run and have all three major operating systems available to run natively... and by god does it look good! 8)