How windy does it have to be?

PurleySquire

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Nothing to do with this season's favourite vegetable, the humble Brussels sprout. But rather, having endured a couple of rides home this week into a 15 Mph headwind, the forecast for next week goes quite a bit higher and with heavy rain too. :roll:

So at what point would you decide to take the bus/train/walk/drive/whatever. :oops:

if its raining when i set off for work - I'll take the car as i dont want to be wet at work all day. I'm not fussed if it rains on the way home.
If it starts raining after I've set off cycling to work -I'm just grumpy all day :facepalm:
I dont worry about the strength of the wind -unless they close the Tamar Bridge :shock: but its not got that bad yet

was up to 40mph and hail last week on the Purbecks. Due to the contours, and the way it funnels. It wasn't fun, but we did 22 miles of it, with a lot more climbing than there is in London ;)

Don't mind wind, but wind and rain, bugger that! I don't commute on a bike as I do 35 miles at 6.30am. Fair play to anyone who rides to work in this.

I ride unless there are strong gusts , or if the rain is heavy . Can dry my stuff out in the lorry :facepalm:
Mike

:oops: Hate the wind but don't usually mind the rain so been busing it since last Wed - got caught in serious downpours almost every day last week and its beginning to get on my tits. If I get serious soaking that me off the bike for at least a day due to the time it takes my shoes to dry out again.

Well the forecast hasn't changed much for tomorrow, pretty much relentless heavy rain from 06:00 on with the wind gradually rising from 12 Mph up to 25 Mph by coming home time. That's only the average speed, it will be right on the nose coming home and they are now saying it will be gusty too.
Bugger that for a game of soldiers, I'm taking the train. Thanks for the majority for not making me feel a complete wimp and those that would ride in such conditions, I salute you.

Back