The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Well the inlaws descend at the weekend for the festive period. My wonderful, attentive, slightly ocd wife decided yesterday that the sofas were a little too soft for their ageing frames so.................

Picture the scene. Decorations up, all ship shape and Bristol fashion until I got home last night to be informed of her decision. Sofas (two and three seater) now upside down bottoms removed. measured up and suitable sub frames designed. Got back from B&Q at 8pm with the necessary ply cut to size, 200 woodscrews and glue etc.

I finish work today for the holiday, go home and build. :facepalm:

Happy Christmas

Sounds like my sister, insisting everything is perfect and would do crazy things to make it so, but I imagine she isn't though as my sister is a total arrogant, self centred bitch, I guess I must love her in some sisterly way but I'm glad 120+ miles separates us :D

All the best with the rebuild, is it a retro sofa, and are the replacement parts complementary to the age of the build? :xmas-big-grin:

Alison

Sofa so good!

You know when a woman just looks at you? no point arguing, just accept the inevitable. Get it done with the minimum pain.

The History Man":2fph53t3 said:
You know when a woman just looks at you? no point arguing, just accept the inevitable. Get it done with the minimum pain.

Mmmm that's my sis, God has no patch on delivering fear as my sister does :xmas-big-grin:

Alison

I wouldn't say MRS HM is anything like your sister. Just that I knew she wouldn't be totally happy so got to get it done. She does lots for me. haven't picked up an iron in ten years for example. Only when i wrapped it.

The History Man":1rprazad said:
I wouldn't say MRS HM is anything like your sister. Just that I knew she wouldn't be totally happy so got to get it done. She does lots for me. haven't picked up an iron in ten years for example. Only when i wrapped it.

No, there cannot possibly be another man alive that is as unfortunate as my sisters partner :facepalm:

Dom has to pick up the iron to do his work trousers as I'd put tramlines in them, my 9 year old doesn't notice yet, but he will :oops:

Alison

well this year I have decided I'm just going to agree with everything she says, so far she is freaked out by my 100% compliance :)

Chute55uk":2i8qt63f said:
well this year I have decided I'm just going to agree with everything she says, so far she is freaked out by my 100% compliance :)

He he :D

In our house we are both wearing the trousers or is it the skirts, we tend to rarely make a decision without consulting the other, but we are definitely Minions to our children :facepalm:

Alison

The History Man":3jogdwbn said:
Got back from B&Q at 8pm with the necessary ply cut to size, 200 woodscrews and glue etc.

You do have an electric screwdriver don't you. :shock:

Two. One for pilot holes one for screws. Tis done. You'd never know though. She's happy.

Back