Employed/Unemployed Figures

yagamuffin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
According to the piece I've just seen on BBC news the number of people out of work has dropped by 900000 and the number of people in work has increased by 250000. Surely these numbers should be the same? I guess I'm missing something, anyone any ideas?...

Less out of work (as measured by the type of benefit being claimed), more in training, education, claiming a different benefit that doesn't show up in the stats as an unemplyment benefit.

Is it still the case that only people who actually attend the jobcentre weekly are counted in the 'unemployed' figures? If so, it's almost pointless keeping count.

You only get classed as unemployed if you fit into a very specific criteria.

Merely being unemployed, it seems, isn't enough to be unemployed.

Koupe":2c2pief0 said:
Is it still the case that only people who actually attend the jobcentre weekly are counted in the 'unemployed' figures? If so, it's almost pointless keeping count.

Aye, that's the one. Which is why they spend all their time and effort making claiming dole harder. Discouraging you from claiming it is a lot more attractive than the alternative of actually making some jobs.

Its bikkocks. The clue is in the numbers. Its a bit of coincidece both numbers arre exact mulriples of 10,000

My brother is unfortunate enough to be delivering one of their 'Schemes'

In his own words 'Not fit for purpose..'

The youth unemployment figures will drop in a couple of years as they are now intending to make kids stay at school till 18

Latest posts

Back