I hate dealing with insurance companys!

raleighrider21

Retro Guru
Couple of days ago i was riding home from work on my scooter, finished at 8am so i hit bad traffic, saw a good gap so decided to filter for about a mile, got to some traffic lights, nice gap between car sat at the lights and the car behind him (atleast 1 1/2metre) so not wanting to push straight to the front and be over the stop line i just pop into that gap. light turns green 30 seconds later, car ahead goes so i follow, next thing i know the car behind me is right up my rear, cant do anymore than 30mph and i was sticking to the speed limit, next set of lights i slow down earlier than normal but when i came to a stop, the car that had been tailgating me decided he wasnt going to do that, classic case of he got mad because i filtered and he hit me, causing some considerable damage to my scooter. number plate, mudguard, rear light, rear indicators, top box and the right hand rear panel are damaged rendering my scooter pretty much unrideable. anyway, the driver got out, screaming and shouting etc, me being calmed just kept quite until the police turned up (a guy on a bmw 800gs called them for me) police took details etc and eventually the car driver calmed down enough and we swapped details via police, i had the scooter recovered by a family friend with a van and called the insurance later that day to let them know what had happened etc, gave them all the details etc, today i got a phone call to arrange for someone to come and assess the damage and then go from there, the insurance want the excess fee (£250), i hate dealing with insurance companies as it is but im slowly getting there, i asked for a quote on a older honda cg125 (on CBT) and theyre now refusing to insure me until after the claim is settled. argh :twisted: ive been with my insurance company since i started riding when i was 16 and i had my nissan insured with them, apparently company loyalty doesnt mean naff all anymore. I HATE DEALING WITH INSURANCE COMPANYS!
rant over.

I hope the police are treating the incident as a road rage attack with a deadly weapon!

Well done for staying calm. I doubt I would have managed.

firedfromthecircus":13x5bfeq said:
I hope the police are treating the incident as a road rage attack with a deadly weapon!

Well done for staying calm. I doubt I would have managed.

if im honest i dont know how i managed, i just stood there, didnt say a word to him, just looked at my scooter and only spoke to the guy on the other bike, if i had said something to him i would of just gone mental myself and i knew that wouldnt of helped, i was tired from work too so i just couldnt be bothered arguing with anyone just wanted to get details etc and go home to bed.

police are "investigating" apparently. not that i have much faith in them.
waiting for a phone call from them on monday to see where theyre taking it. if im honest i just want to get the claim through, get the courtesy bike and then either get my scooter repaired or replaced. im not overly bothered about anything else. just want it sorted. everyone seems to be dragging there feet about it.

Just, WOW! Surely you've phoned around other companies by now? (Other bike). I don't see why they wouldn't insure you, you were hit from behind which means you aren't liable. The other driver should pay shouldn't he?

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't insure another bike. Has the other driver admitted fault? I think you're within your rights to request a courtesy bike aren't you?

raleighrider21":1iybgqw0 said:
police are "investigating" apparently. not that i have much faith in them.
waiting for a phone call from them on monday to see where theyre taking it.

I understand where you are coming from, but you should be pestering the police to take it all the way. Assholes like that shouldn't be on the road, and next time someone could be seriously hurt.

Best of luck getting it sorted out.

yes he should pay, but according to him i was the one being agressive, i was the one who provoked the situation and he was saying i slammed on my brakes and is refusing to admit fault, i wouldnt of just slammed on my brakes as 1) it was a cold morning, there was black ice on the road. 2) it had not long rained and i knew i was coming upto a set of lights where diesel, oil etc always comes up when it rains and makes it slippy. i plan ahead, leave 2 car gaps between me and car infront and slowly brake. always have done. but the police are "investigating" apparently. ive phoned around now, got a few quotes and just need to wait until next friday to see if i can afford the other bike.
i think i am, going to call up on monday morning and ask about getting one. im fully comp covered on the scooter so dont see why i shouldnt be.

i think theyre refusing to cover me because of a accident i had earlier this year and now this one, not too sure, going to ask monday. just had a look through my insurance docs, i am entitled to a courtesy bike, will be chasing that up on monday, deffinately want one. need it to get to/from work.

just want it all sorted and my scooter repaired or replaced. will be chasing the police about doing whatever they can, he was the usual im in a car, im better than you, im more entitled to use the road than you are, business guy types. though hell probably just get a few points and a fine or something. police are useless from past experiences so honestly dont have much faith in them. going to call them tommorrow before i go on my ride.

Insurance Companies love to take your hard earned money but when its there turn to return your money or put in a valid claim they freeze up & all the hurdles you can imagine suddenly appear................

raleighrider21":3qk3tynu said:
yes he should pay, but according to him i was the one being agressive, i was the one who provoked the situation and he was saying i slammed on my brakes and is refusing to admit fault, .

that is bollocks - you should drive at a speed so that you can always stop regardless of what the traffic in front does. it is clearly a closed case if the driver hit you from behind -driving too close/fast.wih0ut dur care /attentiom or all of these.

these car driving assholes get so pissed off because someone else is able to make progress simply because they are on a smaller vehicler e.g. moped or bike ...why? they are not held up but get so enraged to cause an accident so get held up - where is the logic in that????

you must inisist the police take it further.

Back