eBay 'But It Now'

yagamuffin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It seems that more and more used bits on eBay are being listed with BINs rather than auctions. Have eBay changed their pricing? It's really annoying as I like the thrill of an auction and potentially grabbing a bargain. No such fun with BINs :(

not true.......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chas-Roberts- ... 33870ea578

$T2eC16V,!)0FI,HnRdK4BSc6W7Rik!~~60_12.JPG

:xmas-cool: :xmas-big-grin:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its the sellers, some cant be bothered with the bidding process, they know what they want for an item so are up front about it. Yes you can get more but often you get less, unless you start at the price minimum you want. I sell Buy It Now when I use ebay. The site tries repeatedly, bombarding you with nonsense, to get you to use the bidding process because it does create excitement which does pull the punters in. I however know what I want to sell an item for and I'm not going to end up honour bound to punt it to someone for 99p !

I think a lot of people wait until a 'free listing weekend' for placing buy it now prices as the fees for buy now is a lot. If you put a reserve, ebay stings you with the cost of fees. I dont sell with buy now price, but prefer to start bidding at a price I would like for the item. If it is something I am not bothered about the price, I start it at 99p.

iam sick of people putting reserves ( why not start it at what you want ) see bikes start 99 p an get to what i think its worth say £2/300 an still reserves not met why waste everyones time, also the people that say its advertised else where so have the right to remove, you know thats only because if its going cheap they will take it off last min. its not realy a proper auction ive had a fair few poor experiences this year with it

Back