How do I connect these? PC/TV related question.........HELP!

Fenton

Senior Retro Guru
Hi guys I don't know if anyone will be able to help me with this but it’s really starting to annoy me so I thought it was worth a try! A good mate gave me his Sony vaio media centre PC when he moved to Australia a couple of weeks back and I am stumped as to how to connect it to my TV. I am beginning to think it isn't possible because the preferred method of connection is HDMI and my mid 90s Bang and Olufsen TV doesn't have this. The only other output on the vaio is component (?) and the only non B&O specific connectors on the TV are scarts................. See photo below.

P1020707.jpg

My question is, HOW ON EARTH DO I GET THEM TO TALK TO EACH OTHER????? Or shall I just buy a newer TV and put my (NOS!) B&O gear upstairs?

You can get adapters to convert from SCART to stereo video if all else fails (red, white and yellow on the top row).

I've tried that chaps, but the stereo/video sockets and the s video socket on the top are all inputs not outputs so no can do.................

Never spotted that. :oops: Well done. :D

Right, you need a component to composite adapter, try Maplins or RS. you can then go the same route with a composite to SCART adapter.

You might even get component to SCART?

If you go with a passive lead (as opposed to a more expensive box of tricks), you'll need to make sure your TV supports component SCART (most don't). Exactly what TV have you got?

Back