Xmas decorations up already ?

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Whatever happened to the 12 days before Christmas ? People on my street started putting them up last week or the start of December. Im not concerned about what large companies do but it seems more are losing the christian aspect and its become a non descriptive festival.
What gives :?

OK forget the Christian aspect ,even Santa seems to be getting dropped in place of just sparkly tinsel :?

och i know, and my Mrs is guilty as charged!
the 12 days of Christmas seems to have gone by the wayside, but she does Christmas better than anyone i know, and our 6 year old daughter loves walking into to this everyday! :xmas-big-grin:

Last time I saw that fireplace it had a bike in front of it. Merry non denominational festive period. :xmas-big-grin:

and what is it with blue light, I cannot stand them. the house across the road has them.i keep think someone has called a ambulance

dyna-ti":7c2i1g2x said:
Whatever happened to the 12 days before Christmas ?

What's that when it's at home?
The 12 days of Christmas start on Christmas day, not end there. You are supposed to have your decorations down by 12th night to avoid an unpleasant spell of eternity.

Always thought it was from Christmas down till the 5th and everything down before thee 6th aka Epithany.
I know some start boxing day apparently or so I was told and end on the 6th. Probably why the when does the decor go down debate happens and before 7th* is banded around....

Before christmas, surley just a shop marketing promotion.

*more precisely, nearest weekend to 6th now ;)

The pointless new year thing has taken over the Christmas period now.

there's only so many times you can say no before you start going insane, I lasted 8 days, im so weak.

suburbanreuben":2qmmpx6k said:
dyna-ti":2qmmpx6k said:
Whatever happened to the 12 days before Christmas ?

What's that when it's at home?
The 12 days of Christmas start on Christmas day, not end there. You are supposed to have your decorations down by 12th night to avoid an unpleasant spell of eternity.

12 days before and 12 days after and has been a tradition of this country since they wrote their version of the bible.

Back