11% pay rise for MP's!!!!!

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Managed to stop the buggers fiddling there expenses(on the whole) so the gits give themselves an 11% pay rise!!!
Could they be anymore out of touch if they lived on Mars :evil:

Strictly speaking they have not given "themselves" a pay rise, an independent body have.

Its a tricky one as it seems to me that they were fiddling expenses as a supplement to earnings which for quite a number of years did not go up and therefore went down in real terms, so now that expenses income has come down this body has recommended a rise however any politico saying they want the pay rise will be demonized oh what to do :LOL:

Not sure I buy into the idea of paying a higher salary to get "better" people as my faith in the current system of government has disappeared completely but there are a load more folk out there getting a heap more dough than MP's who seem to contribute a lot less to society so I cant' get to worked up about it really.

To be fair, it not them giving themseles it. They do run the country and still get a lot less than many other professions.
It is the lower end of the range they where thinking of so they did think of other on the slightly lower 1% general rise...

Legally speaking, they could have vetoed it.

But this just goes to prove which cuculiform structure of ice droplets is currently occupied by the civil servants at their beck and call

FluffyChicken":9jiukl6u said:
To be fair, it not them giving themseles it. They do run the country and still get a lot less than many other professions.
It is the lower end of the range they where thinking of so they did think of other on the slightly lower 1% general rise...

I wouldn't say they run the country. I would say they ruin the country and are over paid as it is.

Here's how I'd like to see MP's pay rises get decided...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntz0_besT04[/youtube]

Is that wrong? Doesn't feel wrong...

The problem here is that politicians spend all their time hobnobbing with millionaires. It warps their idea of what rich and poor is - when their mates live in multi-million mansions, they end up thinking £66,396 and two houses is being hard up.

Now, you'd think that if they think £66k is bad, they'd be shocked into action by people below the living wage, and do something about it.

Unfortunately a life of going to public schools and dinner parties means they've never known normal people. To them we're just numbers on a spreadsheet, not real. And why lose a wink of sleep over stuff written down? We're as mythical as king Arthur to them.

One thing they did in light of the last fraud committed en-masse ,was to put in place measures to further hide their corruption.
I really dont see this ending too well :?

Latest posts

Back