christmas songs, best & worst.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
as i listen to the radio in work, more & more christmas songs are being played.
my faves are, all i want for christmas by mariah carey & i wish it could be christmas every day by slade.
but everytime i hear last christmas by george michael it just depresses me.

so what are your favourites & which ones do you dislike.

as i write this, spaceman came travelling is playing. love it.

merry christmas my fellow retrobikers. :xmas-big-grin:

'Fairytale Of New York' - the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - is my all-time favourite Christmas song. 'Can You Hear The Cavalry' (I think it was called) by Jona Lewrie also stands out. I reckon both are great songs and the Jona Lewrie song is moving for anyone who's ever spent Christmas in uniform and in a different time-zone from their loved ones.

'Do They Know It's Christmas' is my least favourite Christmas song - I ran the World and had the t-shirt and bought the single, but every time I hear it it makes me think of 'celebs' having a jolly old knees up and the real problem (famine used as a weapon against their own people by cynical third-world leaders) not being addressed. Little bit of politics creeping in there as Mr Elton used to say, but that's why it's my least favourite. At least when I hear Slade I'm on my way to getting drunk. :D

Fairytail is my favourite. Great memories of boozy nights in the local around christmas back when me and my mates went out together when we wanted.

Worst. Cliff Richard. The end.

Wham, Last Christmas is my fave seasonal song.
Never liked Slade, not even when I was a kid and it came out.

videojetman":2oxgyrbm said:
as i listen to the radio in work, more & more christmas songs are being played.
my faves are, all i want for christmas by mariah carey & i wish it could be christmas every day by slade.
but everytime i hear last christmas by george michael it just depresses me.

so what are your favourites & which ones do you dislike.

as i write this, spaceman came travelling is playing. love it.

merry christmas my fellow retrobikers. :xmas-big-grin:

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day was Wizzard, not Slade* (they did Merry Xmas Everybody) - right geography, wrong band!

Another vote for Cliff from me in terms of worst-ever, just nudging ahead of Paul McCartney.

David

*Shameless opportunity to add this slice of Vic & Bob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Z5WjGlZ6E :)

Neil":lj7rm21y said:
That Mariah Carey song gets right on my tits, which is rather ironic, really.

Me too - that woman always has to sing 43 notes when one would do - I can't be doing with all that flippin twiddly type singing. :roll:
Ooh, a bit of a bah humbug moment there...

Wizzard and Slade for me. :xmas-big-grin:

Wham/Cliff Richard etc.... blergh :?

Back