Wind!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Never seen the leaves off so brutally as today! Should get worse overnight and all!

Attachments

• IMG_9620 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9620 - Copy.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 391
That's just a little wind compared to Haiyan my friend...........

That's three times I've been out to put the cans, bottles and plastics back in their respective bins, first having to run around the lawn chasing them, I hope the bin men aren't too late today :(

Alison

Nob":21ifm5rq said:
That's just a little wind compared to Haiyan my friend...........

Indeed. I have been in a typhoon in the Philippines and saw the effects first hand. I know a lot of people who have been directly affected. Two nurses here in the Highlands have family members still unaccounted for, it doesn't get better as the time goes on. Terrible events.

But it is not just windy; it is cold here too. Wind and snow! Brrrrrrr!

Not bad down here today bit of light breaze on the way in this morning.Sun's out now as well.All will be on the beach with the dogs as he doesn't work at the moment.

There was a stray TV aerial in our driveway this morning (no idea where from, it must have flown a decent distance), almost all the aerials on neighbouring houses are either pointing funny directions or hanging off and the house behind has lost a chimney pot. Thankfully haven't seen any more damage than that, just a lot of rubbish been blown about.

The sea was very impressive at lunch time / high tide, glad I don't have a boat in the harbour just now as it was invisible under repeated walls of water for a while!

It's calmed down now but replaced with a good coating of snow... glad I got in a decent cycle yesterday as I won't be risking going anywhere today...

Rather an entertaining landing in an A320 for me at Heathrow...very flappy / waggly / wiggly with a big bump and then the second wheel touched down.

My bird feeder table was on its side, seeds all over the lawn, a bin I placed in the back garden was at the door being blown about and the lid is at the top of the garden. All the leaves have been blown off the cherry tree. Its windy enough to mess my crew cut up. lol

At first I thought one tree, go and fire up the Pajero and tug it out of the road, but then I walked on and found at least ten had been uprooted and several snapped. Tractor and chainsaw tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_9673 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9673 - Copy.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 271
Back