Any "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" fans around?

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just wondered if there were any other regular Clue listeners on the forum....last night's episode was a corker - loved the spoof version of Pointless and Richard Osman was a really good sport for taking part in it. :)

It's currently doing the rounds on BBC iPlayer if anyone's interested.

David

Missed it:
Too busy down the wine cellar, being helped with my semillon by the lovely Samantha... ;)

All the best,

I just listened to it on iplayer. I loved the bob the builder lyrics sung to I dreamed a dream music. You can just imagine them all sat there as if in a studio.

Let's hear some of your Samantha quotes.

Samantha is off to meet a furniture restorer, Samantha will be dusting while the restorer gets varnish and wax off. :D

Here you go:

"...Samantha is off on a tour of the Lake District with a naturist gentleman friend who wants to strip off at Keswick and Cockermouth." :shock:

"...Samantha made her customary visit to the gramophone library earlier, where she found the producer was filming a documentary. He was pleased to see Samantha as he needed a body double, and explained that although he wasn't sure he could use her arms or hands, he'd certainly be happy to find her legs a part..." ;)

"...Samantha tells me she has to go now as she's off to the country residence of her new gentleman friend, who has some interesting birds in the thicket. He keeps a young chicken, but Samantha says there are also wild breeds there, and she can't wait to see his Woodcock, Pullet and Swallow."

"...Samantha is off on a dinner date with a gentleman friend from Moscow who's brought over a variety of caviars and an array of vodka-based aperitifs. She says he's going to offer her delicious food in his hotel room and then liquor out on the balcony."

Amazing that Humph got away with these at 6:30!

Plenty more here and there for your delectation.

All the best,

Massive fan of Humph - some of the funniest uses of the English language I've ever heard. How did he get away with it?
One of my personal favourites finished like this: ".....but Samantha says she doesn't really mind if they want to dicker about five times a week..." :LOL: Priceless.

Also used to listen to Mark & Lard, even phoned them once....

Thanks for this - listened on iplayer yesterday and sprayed tea all over my keyboard reading the Samantha gags this morning

I used to commute listening to back-episodes until I realised I was probably known as the giggling guy on the train!

Welsh Countdown a few years ago with Humph made me wet myself - 'consonant please, and another, and another, and another, and another - ''khkhkhkhkh'' - a Welsh bank holiday!'

or in the pub with Grahame Garden - 'I'll have a pint of Hewlett Packarrrd please!'

andyz":3gcxzufe said:
Massive fan of Humph - some of the funniest uses of the English language I've ever heard. How did he get away with it?
One of my personal favourites finished like this: ".....but Samantha says she doesn't really mind if they want to dicker about five times a week..." :LOL: Priceless.

Another Samantha favourite of mine was the one about her making packed lunches for gentlemen friends: "Their favourite treat is cheese with homemade chutney, but they never object when she palms them off with relish." ;)

David

Latest posts

Back