It's that time again!!!

I'm thinking about getting a couple of hours kip now, and setting the alarm to catch the first hour or two. Hoping that the first ball doesn't go straight to second slip, unless the Aussies are bowling :twisted:.

I reckon it will be a tight series, but we'll hav'em!!

Regards

I genuinely think we will woop them, seriously. The only spanner in the works could be the Carberry thing, seems a bit odd, but could work nicely. Having Trott at 6 could be interesting - him at one end and Prior at the other, could be a hefty sting in the tail. 4-0 England

You mean Root? Hope you're right about us mauling them, but the Aussies will never just roll over and give up. If we play to our ability, we should win easily, but it rarely works like that ....

Regards

I'm pretty happy with the team. I think a combination of Root's (generally) poor form opening in the last series compared with his record at six, Carberry's performance in the warm-ups, and Bairstow's poor last series has pointed to this line-up.

Hopefully Prior will be fit as he's important.

No worries about our three first choice bowlers, but a bit of a question mark against the fourth, whoever it might be?

Regards

Good start!
I stayed up for the first half-hour so had the pleasure of Broady's first wicket, so happy to see him take five-for!
A typically professional performance from England by all accounts. Hopefully we're in for another series of grinding the Aussies in to the dirt... :twisted:

Looks like they haven't learnt anything from the summer! I'll reserve judgement until we've batted but we've definitely got the upper hand overnight

Back