Car thread: TVR Tuscan

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
OFF TOPIC ALERT

Well you know Im after a replacement car as I'm bored - and have been selling off the redundant bikes so get enough cash for a new motor.

Ok guys - I might be going off the S2000.

Only slightly though.

Baring in mind I dont realllly wanna see my Supra go...and I'm also scared of having a hairdresses car as a replacement.

I'm looking at this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/389744.htm

Whats everyones feelings regarding this as a "second car" and for use in the summer? I can keep it garaged which is good. I know it wont work very well in winter months but I only drive about 4 miles to work.

I know they aint reliable. I dont drive very far anyway - and its something to look after and cherish.

Anyone with any owners knowledge?

Chap in work has one in Black,looks awesome but....when you open the bonnet youre faced with 3 small filler pots,1 for water,1 for oil and 1 for antifreeze i think,he said that thats the extent of what you can do to the engine as the rest is sealed up and has to go to a TVR garage everytime something goes wrong,which it does and occasionally which costs a small fortune,apart from that he says the build quality of the interior isnt that great too and things do fall apart/off quite a lot.

TVR's look and sound very cool, especially the Cerbera but they are allegedly very unreliable.

Certainly not a hairdressers car ;)

They are beautiful and they make the BEST noise. :cool:
BUT, and it's a big but, they do have a habbit of not working more often than they do. :(

cherrybomb":ty3t72da said:
They are beautiful and they make the BEST noise. :cool:
BUT, and it's a big but, they do have a habbit of not working more often than they do. :(

Yup... TVR doesn't mean Trevor Wilkinson like many assume...it means:

T
rouble Very Regularly :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They also have the habit (when they aren't breaking down) of overheating...and of bursting into flames to relieve the boredom. But there again that's what the fun of TVRs is: total pointlessness. )I'm trying to buy a 3000M off a pal at present.)

BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!

:D :D :D :D :D

TVR Chimera

I had always always wanted a TVR. Much to my delight for my 30th, my Mrs 'Hired' the TVR of my dreams, and we had it for 4 days.

I have to say, hand on heart, it is the WORST car I have ever driven. Uncomfortable, twitchy and unpredictable on the road, ill fitting roof made for a noisy and wet 4 days..............and I have to say with no weight to the car and rear wheel drive, down right dangerous.

My experience was probably soured by a crash in the TVR that resulted in a £3500 bill and a police investigation that put the crash down to 'An act of god' :evil: Happy to be alive, and I despise TVRs now, they suck.

I now have a 1987 VW Golf GTi Cabrio for play days and this is a vastly superior car to the TVR.

Back