Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:19 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:01 am 
Posh Mark
Posh Mark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 5982
Location: As far from the city as you can be ....
I may mot have made myself clear :oops:

At present I do not download anything that hasn't been paid for I.E. iTunes

I have no plans to drill the internet downloading films etc

It was more of a protection Q really.

Not really "down wit da kidz" when it comes to the internet!

M



[/i]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 5111
Location: Out here in the perimeter...
letmetalktomark wrote:
I may mot have made myself clear :oops:

At present I do not download anything that hasn't been paid for I.E. iTunes
[/i]


Then you don't need any of that stuff then.....Peerguardian is just for those partaking in the 'other' type of downloading.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:04 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Liverpool
neilll wrote:
letmetalktomark wrote:
I may mot have made myself clear :oops:

At present I do not download anything that hasn't been paid for I.E. iTunes
[/i]


Then you don't need any of that stuff then.....Peerguardian is just for those partaking in the 'other' type of downloading.


ditto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 am 
Posh Mark
Posh Mark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 5982
Location: As far from the city as you can be ....
Cheers Chaps!

Wrong end of another stick! :oops:

Thank you for your help :D

M


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:47 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Liverpool
letmetalktomark wrote:
Cheers Chaps!

Wrong end of another stick! :oops:

Thank you for your help :D

M


who is your isp and what exactly do you want to do then if not downloading anything not paid for then not got anything to worry about as your isp wont be interested in your traffic unless it is exceptionally high


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 am 
Posh Mark
Posh Mark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 5982
Location: As far from the city as you can be ....
computerbitz wrote:
letmetalktomark wrote:
Cheers Chaps!

Wrong end of another stick! :oops:

Thank you for your help :D

M


who is your isp and what exactly do you want to do then if not downloading anything not paid for then not got anything to worry about as your isp wont be interested in your traffic unless it is exceptionally high


I think it was my understanding of what a peer guardian was - I.E. I thought it might have been an add on to normal computer security :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 5111
Location: Out here in the perimeter...
letmetalktomark wrote:
I think it was my understanding of what a peer guardian was - I.E. I thought it might have been an add on to normal computer security :?


Nope, not at all...PeerGuardian is purely a 'Black Hat' toy for people trying (it doesn't work very well) to avoid detection for downloading (as a general rule) copyrighted material.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mattbrown, royboy2cv and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group