Royal Mail Prices...

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
...have gone down.
In fact, some have plummeted!
I've just sent some BB7s off and they only cost £3 to send first class. Yesterday it would have been £6.20!
My post office lady has a new box . If your packet fits in her box, and it's less than a kg, it's three squid.
Happy days...

Hurrah for that...

Any idea of the size of the ladies template (not the non use of the word box!)

ringo":1584obq3 said:
Hurrah for that...

Any idea of the size of the ladies template (not the non use of the word box!)
A bit larger than shoe box for boots.

Reminds me...

My missus went to the gynaecologist yesterday.
She was in the chair and he had his head torch on...

"Good Lord, I've never seen one that big before!"
"Good Lord, I've never seen one that big before!"

"Alright, You don't have to say it twice"

"I didn't..."

I've always thought that RM's prices were fairly reasonable until the latest hike. It's good to see that they've now two options in the small parcel sizing; wide box and deep box! Means I can stop trying to flatten everything to less than 8cm and can now send a seatpost for a decent price :D

So us there a new scale for everything then?

LGF - what do pedals cost to post? :LOL:

The History Man":1e9cjrin said:

Not exactly, they have just added an additional maximum size to the small parcel category http://www.royalmail.com/newsmallparcel

Up until now it was actually cheaper to send a seatpost to Europe than within the UK!

The History Man":1xk443hj said:

LGF - what do pedals cost to post? :LOL:

Well they've just been handed to me! Spooky.

I've been using parcel2go.com I was able to send a front wheel, 1.4kg boxed for £4.50! 48 hr delivery guarantee, local drop off at my convenience store. Only £20 insurance, but blimey it's cheap!

They are definitely gunning for the RM

suburbanreuben":su0c9afz said:
...have gone down.
In fact, some have plummeted!
I've just sent some BB7s off and they only cost £3 to send first class. Yesterday it would have been £6.20!
My post office lady has a new box . If your packet fits in her box, and it's less than a kg, it's three squid.
Happy days...

And that is market forces at play. Loads of couriers were cheaper than royal mail, I stopped using RM since the hike.

Back