Help! Exploding tap in Spain???

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
Turned the hot water on and the tap just popped of and hot water went every where???? Doesn't help that I'm in Spain the towns like a ghost town on Sundays and we've no water :? Any ideas for a bodge quick fix or could I just bung it up somehow and turn the water back on for bog use n showers ect till I can sort it properly? Thanks Daz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 269
Have you looked under the sink to see if there's an in line valve that you turn with a screwdriver to isolate the tap?

No isolation valve just two silver braided hoses straight out of the wall to the taps? Found a plumbers merchants about 20 mins away for a new tap but I haven't got any tools here :? Probably cost me as much to buy the tap and tools as it would for a plumber?

Buy the tools. You pay for them once and a plumber every time! You can get the braided hoses with valves included if you want to change them as well. I put them on all mine for ease of use in the future.

Are fittings different sizes over there?

If I'm teaching you to suck eggs sorry but all you should need is a wrench by the sound of it plus the right size tap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 241
Job done :cool: this fella in the day glow jersey is the president of the building and lent me his bike to go get the tap and the tools to do it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 215
Yep and I might have a riding crew to get involved with if I can sort a bike, major mistake not bringing one when I got are stuff shipped over as there €€€€ over here and I had space in the crate grrrrr :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:

Back