F**king cars

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought a 2007 Ford Mondeo for £2700, worked wellish for 6th months, we now have four tyres to buy, cheapest £50 each, the horn does not work, the wipers are really screwed up :roll: and today I was driving forward and it was like driving with a huge elastic band pulling you backward and the diesel coil warning light came on, The question is do we think f**k it sell the car at auction and get all bikes sorted and live with them even though we are 7 miles from town or pay for tax, insurance, and mending for about £6-700 pounds just to have a car?

Alison

if you can get all the parts you need from a breakers yard and fix it yourself?
is that £50 pre worn tyres or brand new?
if you sell the car at auction now youll be lucky to get a grand for it i think :/

raleighrider21":1kwexgbw said:
if you can get all the parts you need from a breakers yard and fix it yourself?
is that £50 pre worn tyres or brand new?
if you sell the car at auction now youll be lucky to get a grand for it i think :/

I couldn't fix jam in a doughnut :roll: but I did sell some years ago a Volvo 850 T5 estate, that I'd failed to get rid of for £500, £800 in auction and get a good bike carrier for my young son and a two seater bike trailer for the older one's, so not too shabby.

The £50 a tyre is new, so if anyone can sort my bike out and three bikes for an 8 year old boy, a 11 year old girl and a 13 year old there is a Ford Mondeo i it :)

Alison

dosnt sound like to much;to put right.
try this spent two grand on a van had to scrap it gearbox gone mk7 astra
now bought 2nd hand fiat 4 grand needs either coil spark plugs or leads
garage i got it from are a big one ;)
done 2 hundred miles thats all;fed up with moters now :facepalm:

get the codes read and go from there. could be injectors or as simple as a split pipe.

not sure how wipers can get screwed up though.

How are the wipers 'screwed up'? Not working, or doing weird things?
The horn will be easy enough to sort - either a new hooter under the bonnet or a bad connection on the wheel/stalk.
As LGF said, you really need the fault codes for the engine issues. Do NOT go to a main dealer though.

Koupe":1pytepyh said:
How are the wipers 'screwed up'? Not working, or doing weird things?
The horn will be easy enough to sort - either a new hooter under the bonnet or a bad connection on the wheel/stalk.
As LGF said, you really need the fault codes for the engine issues. Do NOT go to a main dealer though.

The thing with he wipers is you pull on the wiper thing and it puts water on the front screen and wipes the dry rear, you go to wash the rear screen and it wets the rear but wipes the dry front, someone has wired it badly.

Alison

Well apart from the unknown engine issue, I can't see the other bits being expensive at a trusted local garage (assuming you aren't willing to fix them yourself :) )

Re. the tyres - I've just had to replace my 2 front tyres, like you the cheapest budget tyres I could find were over £50. I put a 'wanted' ad on a couple of local Facebook groups, and found 2 virtually mint part-worns for £40 the pair. Worth a try!

engine issue could be something really stupid, what do you mean by it feeling like a elastic band pulling you back? just no power there? im studying mechanics, doing placement in a garage, the wiper thing could be a simple 15 min fix with no parts, i pay £20 a tyre part worn and charge £5 a tyre to change, honestly cant see the repair bill being more than £500 at a good local garage if that.

raleighrider21":i36oqomj said:
engine issue could be something really stupid, what do you mean by it feeling like a elastic band pulling you back? just no power there? im studying mechanics, doing placement in a garage, the wiper thing could be a simple 15 min fix with no parts, i pay £20 a tyre part worn and charge £5 a tyre to change, honestly cant see the repair bill being more than £500 at a good local garage if that.

I'm expecting it to be £500-600 but unfortunately that's exactly what I don't have, groan, it'll just have to stay in the drive until next year :(

Alison

Back