Do we think

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
That whatever we feel about what we or others think, say, feel, from now on all posts should never contain any form of, to put it politely, I'm right your wrong, because you never know what is going to happen to the other guy? I'm of course thinking of Greenstiles. I've seen in many threads, not anyone's in particular, nasty comments from one retrobiker to another, over many issues and suddenly it was brought home how we can be so anti someone and their opinions, I've suffered this as much as many of us. I just think it's time we took a hold of ourselves and said never a nasty word, all opinions to be said with total and utter respect, because I respect every single one of you regardless of the criticism I've had. We are retrobikers we are one, we are a team, lets be that team.

I was surprised how I felt about Nigel's death, and it just made me feel vulnerable and with great felling for his family.

With love Alison

debate will always have an element of "im right your wrong" I think its how you handle it that matters, I think greenstiles knew the game and played it well, I think he wouldn't want anyone tiptoeing around in case anyone gets hurt.
im also surprised how I felt about nigel seeing as I never really knew him, a quick search on facebook, has has a relly cute kid :(

if you think this is bad go on ign and read the thread about video comparisons for bf4 on the ps4 and xbone 720...

you tube s the one to look at;esp how they talk to say yanks over stuff
on here the worst thread was thatchers and it wasn't half as bad as other sites'
some times we need a group hug but I think we do ok'
in the respect dept
peace :cool:

I comment on various bike related threads both road and mtb and always try to show the respect I would like to be shown. What I have found over the years is that the threads that tend to degenerate or get a bit heated towards people are more often than not, in the off topic section. I have also worked out having observed certain individual members, when not to join in a thread as , probably like most people, I can see the way its going.
Its just a bit like life really, full of alsorts, for the most part good. Our common ground is the bicycle in its many forms and we tend to be more respectful here than a few other forums. Its generally only once we move onto the other diverse and sometimes bizzare world of off topic that people tend to get heated.
I could go on, but just treat each other how we would like to be treated.

Jamie

Back