Greenstiles - Rest In Peace

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I was extremely saddened to learn earlier today that forum regular Greenstiles aka Nige Tillett has died following a motorcycle crash yesterday (saturday 19th oct).

Would like to offer my condolences to Nige's family, sure you will all join me in doing the same.

Steve aka uktyler who informed me of the news is in touch with Nige's widow.

Greenstiles, wherever you are mate, RIP.

Funeral Details

Nigel Tillett

Passed away tragically on Saturday 19 October 2013.
Cherished husband, father and friend.
The funeral service will be held on Friday 8th November at Wyre Forest crematorium, Stourport on Severn, DY13 8AS at 10 am followed by a wake at 26 Sansome Walk, Worcester, WR1 1LX from 12 pm.
Anyone wishing to attend either service or wake are welcomed by the family.
You are invited to send condolence messages to foralexandertillett@gmail.com.
Family flowers only please but donations if desired to go to Aspie, Worcester, http://www.aspieeverywhere.org.uk/,
-> by paypal to admin@mickelwrightindustries.co.uk
->by cheque payable to ASPIE and posted to ASPIE, 26 Sansome Walk, Worcester, WR1 1LX
Please include your details so the family can express their gratitude.

All enquiries to George Crump and Son funeral directors on 01905 773339.

EDIT 20131024

We've just had the following words from Allison, Nigel's wife.

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and words. They mean a lot to us know and will no doubt mean a lot more to us in the future.

I wanted to post something myself because I know how important the forum was to Nige. He took great pleasure, and also sometimes frustration, from talking to you all about the things he was passionate about and the things that interested you all. He thought very highly of the camaraderie and compassion you all seem to share.

We are asking everyone to share their memories of Nige or for advice or thoughts for Alexander as he is growing up. These will be collected up and put into a scrapbook for when he is a little older. So if you have anything you would like to share please send it to
Foralexandertillett@gmail.com

If you would like to make a small donation we ask that it go to an Aspergers group based in Worcester which helped Nige answer a lot of questions about himself and gave him support when he needed it most. I am waiting for their details and will pass them on shortly.

While I know that you are spread far and wide if you feel that you would like to come to the funeral please do get in touch either through the email address above or speak directly to Steve aka uktyler.

Finally, I wanted to ask you all for something. Nige was always a safe rider, he enjoyed to ride but he never took needless risks. So please remember that not all drivers are as competent as you may be. Please wear high vis, even if it spoils your look. Please enjoy the ride out but don’t take needless risks and please tell the people that you love, that you love them.

Allison and Alexander Tillett 2013.

Top guy, loved his bikes.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends

RIP mate :(

Back