subaru foresters? are they as good as they seem?

raleighrider21

Retro Guru
been looking at bigger cars than my micra with the view of selling off my micra for as much as I can then getting something bigger as the micra isn't cutting it for me. saw a 2003 2.0 automatic at a local dealership for little under £1250 with 130k on the clock, booked a test drive for tomorrow to see if I like it but are they as good as they seem? are they good in all weathers? any reliability issues? etc, thought id ask on here as seen a few posts with them in.
if theyre not much cop any suggestions to a automatic upto 2.0 car, 5 door etc?

Yes. On my second Subaru. Where are you?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 583
not too far from Birmingham, but I like to venture out into the rural parts every now and again so the micra wont cut it. might have found a buyer for the micra but got to wait and see what happens tomorrow

the gf isn't too happy about me having something more powerful than I already have but If needs must, I gotta haul 2 sisters and my brother around every now and again (micra too small) I need to do the odd bit of "light off roading" and ima need it to go through ALL weathers and still haul my bikes around and maybe tow a trailer once or twice a year.

matthews71 (in the yorks section iirc) highly recommends them, i like them too, strong cars that as long as theyve been serviced and not thrashed go on and on and on..................

No, they're better! I've had two, one for 8 years and t'other for 6 (previously the missus's). The turbo went like sh!t off a shovel; the GLS ain't too shabby either if you wind it up..
In a combined 16 years and over 200k miles , aside from service items they've had a lambda sensor, one rear wheel bearing and a rear silencer cos I ran over a tree in the snow.
They're tough as old boots but scrub up well. Never failed to get me where I want to be, whatever the weather.
Only trouble is being asked weekly if I want to sell !

Go to www.subaruforester.org and feel the love!

Not seen an auto. Do they still have the low ratio box?

Shame you need it quickly. Mine will be up for peanuts after Xmas fingers crossed.

Back