OK. Be honest, now...

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I saw this on the interweb this evening, and I began thinking that some of you in the UK would find it interesting:
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/archaeol ... 8C11363373

Some brief excerpts:

"The principal aim of the project is to create a citizen-science, open-source solution to the puzzle presented by the Hilton of Cadboll Stone"

..."Over the centuries....more than 3,000 bits of stone have been chipped away"...

..."archaeologists have been looking into how to put together the miscellaneous fragments"...

..."We have created a software program that allows people with very average computers to go online and interact with a selection of 3-D objects in real time, push them together and try to place them to solve the puzzle"...

OK, here's my question, and let's be honest, now: How many out there are now planning to access that site just so you can arrange the fragments to make elaborate x-rated pictures of various body parts or to spell out embarrasing words?

YOU, the guy who makes his iPhone with the female voice talk dirty to him, I'm talkin' to YOU.

:LOL:

Had to laugh at the "near the eastern coast of the Scottish Highlands" bit - if it were a few metres nearer it'd be under water :)

Back