$52.000.000 for a Ferrari 250 GTO

It's all relevant. If I had hundreds of millions of pounds and fancied a 250GTO, then fair enough.

However, before I bought one I'd make sure that my garage contained the F40 and a select bunch of Zondas, Ferraris and Lambos - All of which could probably be bought on a tenth of what the GTO cost :shock:

I'm sure some people on here have paid $000 for bikes that other people less interested would be shocked at, to a billionaire this is small change and there are probably many more billionaires in the world than 250 GTOs.

Totally agree, I am lucky enough to see cars like this driving around locally quite regularly and they are works art.
If a painting is worth $100 million+ you can drive these (and race them !).

OK so it's in lovely condition and all that, but personally I have more respect for the owner of the one I saw on telly last week being raced hard at Goodwood Revival.

WARNING - Ferrari anorak content :

The one just sold is chassis 5111GT which is not the one pictured (that's a 64 bodied model - possibly Chris Evans one).
5111GT has raced up until the early 2000s including 2 appearances at Goodwood Revival. It's the much more desirable original shape.

250.GTO.5111GT.98.TFP.1.024.jpg

Tazio":1ky1vnk6 said:
OK so it's in lovely condition and all that, but personally I have more respect for the owner of the one I saw on telly last week being raced hard at Goodwood Revival.
Maybe this one will be used as it should?
The last time I saw one of these it was by the side of the A3, steaming, with the bonnet up, and some gingery fellow looking sheepish

Just a couple of months ago a 1954 Mercedes W196 Grand Prix car, one of 4 built and the only privately owned one, set the record at around 27 million dollars, only to be topped weeks later by a 275 GTB NART Spider (1 of 10 made) at about 28 million-now the record price has almost doubled in one sale. They made 36 GTOs in '62-'63, and 3 of the '64 models with a slightly revised look, for a total of 39, so there are a few of them around, I'm just astounded by the price, as they were going for around 5 million in the late 1990's-probably the fastest appreciating automobile in history! There is one around here that I have seen, in a shop at Sears Point Raceway, the last time I looked...

Back