What was your first mobile phone?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mine was a sort of Motorola M3788 or practically like it.

So what was yours, pics cool too.

Alison

still on my first mobile phone. had it three years now, never been too interested in them.
got a Samsung galaxy mini thingy majigy, don't use it for anything other than texts and calls but I bought it purely for the yellow case lol

Nokia 5110. In blue. Used to fall out my pocket whilst riding a lot and disassemble down the road. Tough little phone.

For work, a Motorola Startac or whatever they were called, early 90s. And a selection of pagers, beepers. First one was just a beeper, then the ones you could get messages on.

First mobile I bought for myself / personal use, would be a Nokia 5146 (same handset as the 5110) in 98.

Mine was a Sagem MC920 in a cool green/grey colour best picture I can find is this silver one ;)

Attachments

• 61052372-sagem-mc-920.jpg
    61052372-sagem-mc-920.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 709
Siemens C25 was mine, I remember that it's coolest feature was than you could program it's ringtone...high tech stuff for '99. The ad campaign is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGbBlS-Xic

It took me the best part of an hour to program 'walk this way' into it... :LOL:

I ended up 'losing' it from my combat trousers whilst asleep on a bus, after about 6 months of ownership. Next phone was a Nokia 8310 which made the Siemens look totally duff by comparison. 12 years on and my mate still has it (who I passed it on to once I upgraded in 2001)...

mine was a Nokia 8210, was great, it was really small and you could store numbers on it!
It was great, but after the screen dies for the 2nd time I got a 5210, which was crap so soon after got a 6230 which was also awesome.

Wasn't my first but I'm using a nokia 8210 at the moment, tried to take a pic but the iPad I'm using won't let me? See my other post in this section.

This is partly why I sold my iphone 4 always playing up, love this little retro beauty and people always want a go on snake which can be a bit annoying!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 661
Bt cellnet Phillips phone then a Nokia 3210. Had some randoms between then and now. But Nokia phones have always been the best I've had. Currently on a Nokia lumia 620 now and loving it :)

Back