Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sod off
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:55 am 
Retro Guru

These folks are just up the road from "Al" and me.
http://www.icetrikes.co/
Let us know if you are coming down for a fitting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:36 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

Location: busy forgetting how to edge flip on a 11x11 monster cube///...
heres mine.....great fun..seeing as how my left arm is screwed i have fun riding this instead :xmas-wink:

Attachments:
file.jpg
file.jpg [ 239.9 KiB | Viewed 97 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm 
Retro Guru

gibbleking wrote:
heres mine.....great fun..seeing as how my left arm is screwed i have fun riding this instead :xmas-wink:

lookin good :) mine will be made in the back garden, not buying one building one :S how are the brakes set up? is it just two front brakes with two separate levers? or do the two front brakes run off of one lever and it have a rear brake wich we cant see in pic? really interested

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:27 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin

gibbleking wrote:

It's my right arm that's screwed, well right wrist/hand :( but still would give it for a recumbent :)

Alison

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:54 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

just had reconstruction op.my muscles were ripped,ligaments were trashed and scar tissue on the socket caused dislocations.had keyhole stuff last week and ive got a sling on the arm for 4 weeks.i have a dead arm i cant use at the mo till it all heals then ive got physio afterwards.such fun,the pain is "interesting".as for the ride its got dx 2 finger brakes on just the front wheels,no rear.1 lever on each steerer,lx 8speeds pods .

ps the missus tore my arm muscles at christmas because i wouldnt make a cup of tea...

Attachments:
IMG_20130921_214134.jpg
IMG_20130921_214134.jpg [ 105.87 KiB | Viewed 82 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

It's my right arm that's screwed, well right wrist/hand :( but still would give it for a recumbent :)

if your ever in burgh castle..... 8) have a go....muc more fun than crashing on the san andreas.......

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 pm 
Retro Guru

Isaac_AG wrote:
gibbleking wrote:

Alison

my right wrist is messed up kind of, had a motorbike accident back in February and landed on my right arm/leg, screwed up right wrist, still use it fine and can ride normal bikes but would be a very good excuse to have a recumbent trike ;)

gibbleking are you claiming that riding a recumbent trike is much more fun than crashing cars and killing prostitutes on grand theft auto ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:09 pm 

gibbleking wrote:
just had reconstruction op.my muscles were ripped,ligaments were trashed and scar tissue on the socket caused dislocations.had keyhole stuff last week and ive got a sling on the arm for 4 weeks.i have a dead arm i cant use at the mo till it all heals then ive got physio afterwards.such fun,the pain is "interesting".as for the ride its got dx 2 finger brakes on just the front wheels,no rear.1 lever on each steerer,lx 8speeds pods .

ps the missus tore my arm muscles at christmas because i wouldnt make a cup of tea...

I sliced through tendons and had th recon op and all the permanent stitches came to the surface, doc said that's to be expected :roll: what a load crap it failed completely he knew it but wouldn't admit it, I went through 6 weeks of pain and plaster for damn all grr!! :roll:

I can use it but only my thumb and second finger work and if I pick up anything my wrist gives in. bet if I paid they'd have done a better job, not wanting to totally dish the NHS :D

Alison

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:22 pm 
Retro Guru

Isaac_AG wrote:
gibbleking wrote:

I sliced through tendons and had th recon op and all the permanent stitches came to the surface, doc said that's to be expected :roll: what a load crap it failed completely he knew it but wouldn't admit it, I went through 6 weeks of pain and plaster for damn all grr!! :roll:

I can use it but only my thumb and second finger work and if I pick up anything my wrist gives in. bet if I paid they'd have done a better job, not wanting to totally dish the NHS :D

Alison

saying nothing about NHS, hate them with a passion after my bike accident.

but seriously more of an excuse to get a recumbent trike ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:29 pm 

raleighrider21 wrote:
Isaac_AG wrote:
gibbleking wrote:

Alison

saying nothing about NHS, hate them with a passion after my bike accident.

but seriously more of an excuse to get a recumbent trike ;)

Although I have had many a shitty time with the NHS, they gave me the best midwife in the world, and I mean in the world!!!! and the best two GP's, they have also given me the worst, but for the first three and it's free I cannot, on the whole, dish them.,

But gibbleking does have the sort of recumbent I want.

Alison

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next