Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:09 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
i have had a few transactions recently on here.
i always make a point of leaving feedback and informing the buyer / seller.
so should i be asking for feedback ?
it really is just common courtesy to leave feedback.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
videojetman wrote:
i have had a few transactions recently on here.
i always make a point of leaving feedback and informing the buyer / seller.
so should i be asking for feedback ?
it really is just common courtesy to leave feedback.


I have bought a few items over the last few months on here, I try to leave feedback so as to allow other members to see who the good guys are. I don't always get feedback for me as a buyer though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:16 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12711
Location: Fife in Scotland
In recent months Ive just about given up on "Feedback" as most of my purchases Ive made
have received NO feedback even though I'd left the seller feedback, Ive even been 'asked'
to leave feedback (which I did) and in return receive nothing back. Some of the worst culprits
have been long established site members.

:x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
RobMac wrote:
In recent months Ive just about given up on "Feedback" as most of my purchases Ive made
have received NO feedback even though I'd left the seller feedback, Ive even been 'asked'
to leave feedback (which I did) and in return receive nothing back. Some of the worst culprits
have been long established site members.

:x


Name and shame them :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12711
Location: Fife in Scotland
widowmaker wrote:
RobMac wrote:
In recent months Ive just about given up on "Feedback" as most of my purchases Ive made
have received NO feedback even though I'd left the seller feedback, Ive even been 'asked'
to leave feedback (which I did) and in return receive nothing back. Some of the worst culprits
have been long established site members.

:x


Name and shame them :)



You'd be shocked If I did :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:14 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6737
Location: North Yorkshire
I've always wondered about my situation. I've given away the odd thing or two, when I've bought/sold stuff I always leave feedback, but when the item is karma it's nice to receive it but don't know if there is anything I can write back but always feel I'm letting someone down :(

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:14 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 8479
Location: Fircombe.
Does anyone ever read it? All of it?
What's the point of clooging up the feedback threads with "excellent buyer, pays promptly"?
After 5 pages of this crap you're going to miss the "took 5 months to post my Sharkfin", which is far more relevant.
I don't leave it; I don't expect it either.
You either have a good feeling about someone or you don't. The only transactions I've been less than happy with have been with long standing members with good feedback...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:24 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
suburbanreuben wrote:
Does anyone ever read it? All of it?
What's the point of clooging up the feedback threads with "excellent buyer, pays promptly"?
After 5 pages of this crap you're going to miss the "took 5 months to post my Sharkfin", which is far more relevant.
I don't leave it; I don't expect it either.
You either have a good feeling about someone or you don't. The only transactions I've been less than happy with have been with long standing members with good feedback...


If I am spending a fair amount with people I check their feedback it gives you a feel for the seller/buyer, if a member chooses not to read it all then that's their choice. And I leave feedback also as a way of saying publically that a person is 'Solid Gold' :D

And did you leave negative feedback about these less than happy transactions ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:37 pm
Posts: 5198
Location: North West
videojetman wrote:
i have had a few transactions recently on here.
i always make a point of leaving feedback and informing the buyer / seller.
so should i be asking for feedback ?
it really is just common courtesy to leave feedback.


I allways leave it, don't allways get it and allways send polite reminders - I appreciate that some folk are busy and forget / have other things to first etc :D


RobMac wrote:
In recent months Ive just about given up on "Feedback" as most of my purchases Ive made
have received NO feedback even though I'd left the seller feedback, Ive even been 'asked'
to leave feedback (which I did) and in return receive nothing back. Some of the worst culprits
have been long established site members.

:x


Some of my worst dealings on here have been from long established site members ...

WD :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: leaving feedback.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:47 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 8479
Location: Fircombe.
widowmaker wrote:
suburbanreuben wrote:
Does anyone ever read it? All of it?
What's the point of clooging up the feedback threads with "excellent buyer, pays promptly"?
After 5 pages of this crap you're going to miss the "took 5 months to post my Sharkfin", which is far more relevant.
I don't leave it; I don't expect it either.
You either have a good feeling about someone or you don't. The only transactions I've been less than happy with have been with long standing members with good feedback...


If I am spending a fair amount with people I check their feedback it gives you a feel for the seller/buyer, if a member chooses not to read it all then that's their choice. And I leave feedback also as a way of saying publically that a person is 'Solid Gold' :D

And did you leave negative feedback about these less than happy transactions ?

Nope. There wouldn't have been any point.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rider and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group