Random Cyclist

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Driving to work yesterday morning, travelling along Weston-s-Mare sea front at 8.30am I spotted a cyclist a little way ahead.

Not an unusual sight, a slightly plump rider in a pair of trackies and a jumper, with a black helmet a little too far back on their head, but what caught my eye was the bike; a full on Marco Pantani replica Bianchi, in absolutely 'as sold' condition (possibly not the pedals). :shock:

I'll have to keep my eyes open around the town, as I'd really like a closer look at the bike, and to tell the rider how nice it is, especially if they have no idea what it is they are riding.

I was out a few weeks back on my "race ready" (LOL) Bianchi Mega Pro, dressed in combats, a rugby jumper and trainers (shoes, not pants). Even swapped the LOOK clipless pedals for some flatties from another bike. Went for a picnic and casual ride out with a gurl in the Sunny Northeast, passed the Barbour factory, then coastal/clifftop ride to Sunderland :cool:

:D

Mr Panda":2pthghnx said:
I was out a few weeks back on my "race ready" (LOL) Bianchi Mega Pro, dressed in combats, a rugby jumper and trainers (shoes, not pants). Even swapped the LOOK clipless pedals for some flatties from another bike. Went for a picnic and casual ride out with a gurl in the Sunny Northeast, passed the Barbour factory, then coastal/clifftop ride to Sunderland :cool:

:D
You weren't on Weston sea front yesterday morning were you?

THM, much though I would love a Pantani Mega Pro, I could never hope to do it justice.

Still, I could always hang it on the wall. :facepalm:

The History Man":280uzojn said:
Don't do any of mine justice but doesn't stop me riding them :LOL:
Same here, but it's not quite the same as riding a replica bike.

NeilM":4hpdympq said:
THM, much though I would love a Pantani Mega Pro, I could never hope to do it justice.

Love the Mega Pro as well, though they cracked if you looked at them askance...

To add to the random cyclist theme:
Most mornings on my way to work I see a woman, about 75 and thin as a rail, riding a 2010 Specialized Tarmac with Kysirium SL wheels and Dura-Ace 7800, and of course flat pedals. She usually has on a aqua jogging suit and running shoes and is moving at a brisk 3 mph.

Love to know how she came about owning that bike.

Steven

Back