Christmas - a rant

Salsprocket

Retro Guru
OK, I absolutely love Christmas.... :xmas-big-grin:
BUT.....
....does it really need to be advertised yet?
So far, this week, I've seen Mince Pies in Christmas type boxes (sell by date 31st October 13, bizarrely); Christmas cards in the newsagents and a bliddy Christmas display (santa's letter box, Christmas wrapped 'gifts' etc) in the Poacher's Pub in Lincoln that (nearly) made me want to run away screaming.
Oh and the bloke up the road who breeds turkeys has had his 'number of days til Christmas' sign out since the day after flippin bank holiday Monday. Aaaaaaaaagggghhhhhh :shock:

Rant over.
Ooh, I feel a bit better now. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mince Pies in Co-OP, Christmas Pudding in Sainsburys, frozen 'Party' food in the 'Chrissmassy' red boxes in Tesco...

...people should boycott the stores that insist on doing it earlier and earlier each year! :x

Someone in Morrison's laughed at the early Christmas stuff, I complain about the earliness of Christmas stuff and Easter stuff every year, so frustrating, but then again I've hated both since the catholic church rejected me because I didn't go to church enough :roll: I went every week to the normal church and practically every day in the school chapel, the former until my mother thought religion no longer fitted with feminism and the latter till they stopped me because I fainted :roll: actually the school hated my mum and the school priest was also the local priest, Alison get over it :oops: now it's just commercial rubbish, I'd much prefer celebrate family union once a year.

Alison

Chopper1192":21k3evse said:
There's a house in a rough area of Northampton already has its decorations out.

Are you sure he isn't celebrating Threshold Day?

The restaurants had notices for their Christmas menu's up , and that was at least 2 weeks ago i noticed.

Back