Odd question. Where can I get kangaroo leather?

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I know people have wide a varied interests on this forum, so I am hopeful there might be a falconer or two about.

I am after a small amount, say 6" x 6" of very thin kangaroo leather; this is the leather often used for the anklets / almeri worn by captive birds of prey.

I used to have some left over from my time as an austringer (look it up ;) ), but of course now that I need it, I cannot for the life of me remember where the 'safe place' I put it is.

So if anyone knows where I can get such a small piece, or is prepared to sell me some from their valuable stash, I would be most grateful.

Why do I want it?

To repair a pair of cycling shoes. :mrgreen:

NeilM":2l94dgvc said:
I know people have wide a varied interests on this forum, so I am hopeful there might be a falconer or two about.

I am after a small amount, say 6" x 6" of very thin kangaroo leather; this is the leather often used for the anklets / almeri worn by captive birds of prey.

I used to have some left over from my time as an austringer (look it up ;) ), but of course now that I need it, I cannot for the life of me remember where the 'safe place' I put it is.

So if anyone knows where I can get such a small piece, or is prepared to sell me some from their valuable stash, I would be most grateful.

Why do I want it?

To repair a pair of cycling shoes. :mrgreen:

Ive got plenty of bits of coo leather. coloured mostly(blue.ox blood,tan)usual thickness and somewhere, a piece about 6 or 7 mm thick.Been saving that bit for something though i know not what :LOL:
Unfortunately its all offcuts from upholstering chairs and stools but im sure some bits are 6" square.

Tomorrow there will be pictures. pick what you need and ill send you it.

T'boo Ted":3kbnwqjd said:
There was nearly a heap on the front of my car the other day, man those things can jump!

The one thing all car impact victims share...

A very surprised look :LOL:

A few more replies than I was expecting, to say the least.

The reason I am asking for kangaroo is because it can be made very thin, down to 0.6mm and is still be almost impossible to tear.

I need the leather to reinforce the inside of the straps across the foot of my Fizik R3 shoes, which, as it turns out, is what Fizik themselves did on the 2nd generation shoes, so the leather pieces need to be thin and strong enough to withstand being put under tension around a metal loop.

Colour is not important, as the leather reinforcement is on the inside of the straps and also because these have become my winter shoes.

Latest posts

Back