Two things I wouldn't have put together - would you?

So, its biblically approved hunting where the meat is donated to people then they worship god? Sounds like 'worship if you want to eat, or starve'.

I have strong views on religion so I probably shouldnt get involved, but I do love South Africa, its a beautiful country with some hefty issues! I have been twice and wouldnt think for a second about going again :)

Whatleymeister":28wvpmsn said:
So, its biblically approved hunting where the meat is donated to people then they worship god? Sounds like 'worship if you want to eat, or starve'.

An awful lot of reading between the lines required to get that idea, no? It doesn't sound like anything of the sort. As I read it, it's a more or less standard guided hunting trip where the animals killed (one per person it seems?) are butchered and the meat distributed to the poor. The religious parts are additional/incidental, maybe a substitute for the post-hunt boozing that might be standard practice elsewhere.

This kind of thing (without the distribution to the poor), is big business and goes on all over the world... particularly my own bit of the world. I have to say I find the idea of getting some kind of enjoyment from causing suffering and death to other creatures distasteful and disturbing, but plenty of people seem to love it...

What a bunch of wan*ers.

Killing animals for fun disgusts me. I can only hope one of these backward inbreds is killed by a faulty rifle exploding in their face.

al.

Can't say killing things for fun floats my boat although at least the meat is being given to those in need - However should aid to given with conditions or caveats? Didn't see much about providing lifeskills and education to help them become less 'in need' either.

They're only animals, without Souls, and not created in God's image, so it's OK!
Besides, if He didn't want them hunted, He wouldn't have made them out of meat!

suburbanreuben":231goqki said:
They're only animals, without Souls, and not created in God's image, so it's OK!

Isn't it interesting that dock leaves grow next to nettles?

suburbanreuben":1muz7ebj said:

Just to make sure, you are being sarcastic, right?

Raging_Bulls":z3dd2yrd said:
suburbanreuben":z3dd2yrd said:

Just to make sure, you are being sarcastic, right?

Yeah, low humour, but I'd wager there's a few godbotherers who'd be nodding in agreement...

Back