Blu-ray vs DVD

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Considering becoming slightly more modern and buying a blu-ray player.
What are they like compared to DVD? Similar to the difference between VHS and DVD?
Finally, any reccomendations on a player?

Thanks.

Do you have a HD TV?
SD compared to HD channels.

Buy a PS3 and play games too, they play BD really well.

Yes, lots of DVD's but we never watch them!
We have TalkTalk TV, it's terrible so hardly ever watch it. I don't think it's HD!

My inlaws (72 and 7:cool: have just bought a new tv and bluray with active 3d. looks so funny seeing them in their funky glasses that make the rest of the room flicker slightly. The subscribe to all the sky stuff. Have to say pic quality is amazing if a little tiring in 3D.

if you have a lot of dvds try a dvd upscaler it gives you almost hd quality but bluray is worth the money if you watch a lot of films

The up-scaling DVD player is what I was going to suggest too it is good and they are dirt cheap about £19 I paid for mine :D

it also depends if you have surround sound already if you have and your cables are on the walls you might need to repaint if you get a new system
as for a recomendation id go with the same make as your tv. unless you want to spend the big bucks on a really good system

We have a Denon DVD player. It upscales but due to the unique way my TV works (Hitachi ALIS) up scaling doesn't do much for the picture, if at all. Apparently the upscales in the TV is far better anyway.
All cables are buried in the walls, but are good quality and won't need replacing or moving.

The upgrade was more to do with the amount of extras on film discs, DVD's seem to be getting less and less, plus there's a film out that I want to buy.

Due to work and child commitments I only really watch 2-4 hours of TV a week. But when I watch a film I went good quality etc. but I can't even remember the last time I watched a film!

Back