Under cabinet LED lighting

russ77

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Evening,

Has anyone here got any experience of installing LED strip lighting under kitchen cabinets? The old tungsten filament tubes we've got at the moment keep blowing at three quid a pop and heat up my Shreddies in the cupboard.

I'm looking at replacing them with something like these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200942701195

Anyone tried these or similar? I know it would be more sensible to go for plain white ones but thought these might be fun and the kids will love them. Do they actually do a good white light?

Cheers, T..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Some are very poor. personally I would buy branded ones which are much more consistent, have safer drive electronics and in my experience last longer. Many of the cheap Chinese ones lose half their brightness in the first 1000 hours.

I have tried all sorts in the past 7 years, the latest ones from Osram, Philips etc are very good indeed.

SWMBO bought some very similar strip-lights and I installed them along the bottom of the floor cabinets...

...very smart; apart from the fact they show up every imperfection and dust mote on the floor! :LOL:

That's what I figured. Far more sensible. No kitchen disco in the near future then.

Thanks for the replies! T..

Back