Policeman guilty of assault

kermitgreenkona88":3lbvlg1x said:
Another proof if any more were needed that this country has gone mad :twisted: :twisted:

He'll probably get some form of compensation ggrr indeed

I'm sorry, but the police should be able to rise above this sort of thing, and uphold the moral, social and ethical code to which they are bound

Nobody likes the tought of being spat at, least of all by a filthy little shite like the one being nicked, and I am in no way justifying his actions, but the guy in the uniform has to just rise above it and be professional

G

unkleGsif":3twm1v33 said:
I'm sorry, but the police should be able to rise above this sort of thing, and uphold the moral, social and ethical code to which they are bound

Nobody likes the tought of being spat at, least of all by a filthy little shite like the one being nicked, and I am in no way justifying his actions, but the guy in the uniform has to just rise above it and be professional

G

I agree with you on this.

Alison

Isaac_AG":94r43idv said:
unkleGsif":94r43idv said:

O
G

I agree with you on this.

Alison

This is why I didn't take up a post with the Norfolk Constabulary when offered a long, long time ago; I knew I wouldn't be able to honour the uniform in the face of extreme provocation, so I went and did something else instead...

...but yes, the world has gone totally f*cking insane!

Spitting is amongst the least of all physical attacks. If you cannot keep it together under that form of attack you have no business being in the force.

In, for example, a riot situation you reacted like that you may turn a contained situation into a disaster.

Whilst not condoning beating the cr@p out of someone, I empathise with the rage that the copper suffered in being subject to such a disgusting, violating method of assault. It's all very well to say "rise above it" but sometimes that just isn't possible, we're only human after all.

highlandsflyer":z2kngxtr said:
Spitting is amongst the least of all physical attacks.

But while not very physical it is far more disgusting than a punch in the mouth!

I'm in agreement with those who say the world has gone mad. :evil:

If two innocent men were walking down the street and one spat in the others mouth, the spitter would deserve a punch in the mouth from the spittee. No question.

This situation is not as open as that one. The policeman is trying to do his job and gets a mouth of gob for his trouble. While the guy being arrested has rights he broke the contract by gobbing at the arresting officer. I cannot stand police brutality, but no-one in any profession should have to tolerate being gobbed on. :x

i agree the policeman shouldn't have done it.
But didn't a certain John Prescot punch an egg thrower and get away with it. Spitting is much worse than egg throwing.
Who knows what germs he could given the policeman?

The policeman should have just got a written warning on his police record.

Back