What a load of tosh :)

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've gone through several questionnaires about depression, anxiety and all manor of psychological problems, but are they meaningless, I've been diagnosed on these sites from normal to psychotic to ADHD to schizophrenic :roll: and tonight on the BBC website as

Agreeableness

Most people want to be able to get on with others but to some it is the most important thing in the world, whilst others are quite happy to upset someone else if it means that things get done.

Your answers suggest that you are not prepared to put up with being messed about with and are quite comfortable being direct with people, even if this upsets them. You may therefore find it frustrating working in an environment that is very polite and where upsetting people makes it harder to get things done.

Yet me, unless I'm here, I'm as cowardly as the Wizard of OZ lion and am more likely to upset people around me as toffee is cheese :roll: so should we do these tests or leave it to the real professionals or are they all just a scam in order to get funds by diagnosing the populous. I've been diagnosed as BPD, depression and anxiety medically, is it all just a fraud?

Alison

Perhaps the latest result is a reflection of the 'real' you, buried under a lifetime of trying to be what you think others expect of you?

You don't strike me as being the least bit cowardly...

Always consult a Doctor on these matters.

Having suffered depression and anxiety disorder after suffering a break down and being hospitalised! I know these things can spiral out of control, and quickly. I had no Idea I was heading for this, It just creeps up.

It was several years before I got my anxiety under control. The good thing was it stopped me drinking, smoking and other things, and I've now been 'straight edge' for nearly ten years. Don't get me wrong, I'm still bonkers in the nut, just a different kind of bonkers.

If you need someone to talk to, give me a shout.

al. :)

al":2msmlu3h said:
Always consult a Doctor on these matters.

Having suffered depression and anxiety disorder after suffering a break down and being hospitalised! I know these things can spiral out of control, and quickly. I had no Idea I was heading for this, It just creeps up.

It was several years before I got my anxiety under control. The good thing was it stopped me drinking, smoking and other things, and I've now been 'straight edge' for nearly ten years. Don't get me wrong, I'm still bonkers in the nut, just a different kind of bonkers.

If you need someone to talk to, give me a shout.

al. :)

You were hospitalised too, what was your sentence? Mine was 4.5 months, not long but long enough :) and boy did it feel like a sentence, under a section not allowed to go anywhere without supervision except the toilet, they did let me do that on my own :)

I just think these questionnaires are just total tosh and We should not rely on them.

Thanks for the offer that's very kind :D I try to get a grip on life and I'm getting there but I'll definitely leave the diagnosis to the professionals :D

Alison

+1 on consulting a doctor, All my skilled and insightful self-diagnoses have been resoundingly wrong.

Life's tricky

You can over-analyse things all to easily...

...a few short years ago I was in a very bad place in my head but it took a chance hearing of an article on the radio to make me realise what the problem was;

Steve Wright had an eminent psychologist on his program talking about depression; the upshot was that it is 'strong' people who are hit hardest by depression because they are used to being in control and don't cope when they realise they no longer are.

I had always looked upon any form of illness as a 'weakness' and as such, depression was something that just did not happen to me!

It had taken about three years to grind me down to the stage I was at, but once I had listened to what the shrink had to say I knew I had turned a corner; it probably took me another 18 months to get myself back to what I loosely term 'normal' but I did it...

...without Doctors or medication!

As Alison has said in another thread, I must be a particularly strong person; then again I have the life-experiences to prove just that. You do, however, tend to forget who you are from time to time :|

We_are_Stevo":1829xorh said:
Steve Wright had an eminent psychologist on his program talking about depression; the upshot was that it is 'strong' people who are hit hardest by depression because they are used to being in control and don't cope when they realise they no longer are.

Strong vein of grandiosity sweeping in here..

Having been interrogated by a psychiatrist myself I can only agree they know naff-all about the human condition.

" You are not prepared to put up with being messed about with and are quite comfortable being direct with people, even if this upsets them. "

victormeldrew.jpg

Alison, recently.

Alison, G.T.F. away from web self-diagnostic sites! Chat to a mate or professional, one to one. They must be your feedback, not you looking for the worst in either yourself or the capabilities of the website. Hope this helps.

Mark, 23 years in psychiatric care ( giving, not receiving! )

Latest posts

Back