Winding down - Italy here I come!

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After a stressful few months at work, I'm amazed at how quickly I've managed to chill out this evening.
Off to the Amalfi Coast for 10 nights tomorrow - Peroni, fresh fish, pasta, Gavi, Barolo - can't wait!

Anyone recommend any must do trips while I'm there (in addition to Pompeii and Herculaneum, which we're already doing)?

Also, if you were going to buy 1 Italian cycling item (within reason!), what would it be?

Off to the Amalfi Coast for 10 nights tomorrow

I went there a few years ago, only for about 5 or 6 days though. I went to Pompei and I remember a pizza restaurant right next to the harbour on a jetty and a sea food restaurant right on the beach at the bottom of a cliff being good.

We were staying in a self catering villa, so we would make regular trips into town to stock up on tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella to make caprese salad together with the basil that was growing in flower beds all around the villa, and for bread, Parma ham, Peroni and red wine, all for a fraction of what it would cost back here in rip-off britain. :D

Don't for the love of god drive along the Amalfi coastline! You will be staring at the back of coach, in a traffic jam or both!!! You can get a boat to Capri and back from Naples which is really nice as it gives you a few hours on Capri as well. If you go to Capri theres a walk you can do around the island which is great, and gets you away from the maddening crowds and Versace, Gucci et al shops in the town centre. Paestum is also well worth a visit, there are some very well preserved Greek temples there ( they filmed lots of the original Clash of the Titans there!) As far as Pompeii and Herculaneum go, Herc wins by a mile, if you're going to both go to Pompeii first, you'll see what I mean when you go!

Have an awesome time and eat lots of gelati!!!

Oh yes, bike stuff, good luck finding a bike shop, for a country with millions of bikes there are very few bike shops, weird....

Latest posts

Back