Urgent - Any Members in Whitby?

Rob H

Retro Guru
Can anyone help a damsel in distress?

I desprately need to buy or borrow (I can post it back to you in a few days) a 27.2mm seat post and the only bike shop I can find isn't answering there phone so I'm guessing they are closed for the bank holiday.

Me & the misses are on the last day of the Coast to Coast but one of the elastomers in her thudbuster seatpost has spilt making the saddle bounce around. Thanks to a gaffa tape bodge we have made it to a little train station where we can get the train to Whitby but we still need to ride to our accomadation at Robin Hoods Bay and then on to Scarborough in a couple of days time so we can get home.

Hi Rob

Unfortunately I don't have any 27.2 seat post's but I have plenty of 26.8's if your running a shim on the thudbuster ?

Drop me a pm if I can help and we'll try and sort something out

cheers kaya

Hi Kaya, thanks for the offer but we fixed / bodged it with a load of medical tape holding the two halves of the elastomer together and it seems to have held.

Rob H":3txhcfyy said:
Hi Kaya, thanks for the offer but we fixed / bodged it with a load of medical tape holding the two halves of the elastomer together and it seems to have held.

No worries enjoy your fish and chips in Robin Hoods Bay

Back