Wifi iPhone help needed!

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This is starting to bug me immensely...

Everyday, around 8pm my iPhone stops working on the Internet. The wireless remains connected but there is no network activity on any apps or the Internet. The strange thing is that all other wireless devices and all wired devices still work. This lasts about an hour everyday then the phone works again. I've tried rebooting router / phone etc. cleared all cookies etc from phone. The only thing that has changed is the router. This did not happen on the old router.
Any ideas?
Thanks

It's an older 4. I've had it over 2 years and never had issues, and even now it's only an issue with this router.

I remember when I first got mine reading about compatibility issues with certain routers. Try googling it.

Yes mr google was consulted first- theories were wild and many, the best being electromagnetic interference from sodium street lighting during lighting up time... Hence I have now come to the oracle of knowledge...

had a similar issue with a bt router with both my 4s and a 3gs, found that switching the router on and off fixed the connection briefly but not long term, it started after a ios update did a hard reset of both phones and updated them both via the lappy and the issue stopped :)

Try changing the router radio channels. Usually the default ones are the busiest. You might simply have somebody from down the street running Lovefilm every evening with their dinner.

Thanks, tried changing channels before, but no change. I only have one neighbour anyway, and other wifi devices are not affected, it's just my iPhone 4 and the DSL 3680 router. My iPhone has no problems with other routers and other wifi devices have no problems with this router.

I'll try updating phone again but I had already done that too.

The added annoyance is that I barely have any 3G signal here so the phone is on effect cut off.

Back